Goalkeeping Situation - Dawson / Wildsmith

Curses. This site won't let me edit my posts so what I was going to add was, I wondered why Pressie was a childhood Wednesdayite with the being from Fareham and all and then found out he grew up in Dronfield, I think a couple of people on here went to school with him? 

Still mad at that idiot Luhukay for dropping Westwood for so long.

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

I know. I just always wondered why the hell a guy from Hampshire would end up being a Wednesdayite.

Also heard rumours about Westy being a giant mard arse douchebag but whatevs, he's gone now.

He ended up bein a wednesday fan cus he played for us

..wonder how many games hes been too since he left🤔..maguire was a wednesday fan..rhese days he cant wait to tell everybody how bluntish he his

Not an immediate solution but has anybody seen Luke Jackson play? He was the under 18s goalkeeper last season and has now moved up to the under 23s. One of the instructors at my gym has been training with him and says he's a really good player for the future. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Born in Fareham Portsmouth so not a local lad is what I meant 👍

Apparently moved up North at an early age after developing a phobia of seagulls after one nicked a pie out of his hand whilst he was in his pram as a child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Apparently moved up North at an early age after developing a phobia of seagulls after one nicked a pie out of his hand whilst he was in his pram as a child.

He would have still had 3 in his other hand

Loaning a keeper seems like the best option. Both keepers will be on a decent although not great wage for a championship side. 

A permanent signing hopefully would be on a circa league one wage,  which would make life difficult the club to have a third choice on more money than the first.

Both of them need investing time in to become a back up championship keeper so however has the longest contact would be my back up keeper this year.

The other needs game time and a loan somewhere. The choice of loan club is important for obv reasons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Not an immediate solution but has anybody seen Luke Jackson play? He was the under 18s goalkeeper last season and has now moved up to the under 23s. One of the instructors at my gym has been training with him and says he's a really good player for the future. 

I suggested Jackson could be an option previously on here but the fact neither he or Render are getting any minutes in the friendlies suggest they aren’t considered good enough yet by Moore and co.  

Ive just seen the Barnsley goals from today and both are poor keeping, looks like Wildsmith should have run out to the player rather than guess and dive to the wrong side.  And Dawson’s was just awful, should be parrying those shots away 

Guest Therealrealist

2 jeepers keepers on massive long term contracts is our biggest problem without a shadow of a doubt..yet that Rotherham inspector character said it wasn’t a few months ago..strange

31 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I suggested Jackson could be an option previously on here but the fact neither he or Render are getting any minutes in the friendlies suggest they aren’t considered good enough yet by Moore and co.  

Ive just seen the Barnsley goals from today and both are poor keeping, looks like Wildsmith should have run out to the player rather than guess and dive to the wrong side.  And Dawson’s was just awful, should be parrying those shots away 

Are you kidding...parry shots away?...christ there'd be a meltdown on here if any of our keepers parry a shot away (unless it was Westwood)

Despite the fact that the Euro's was full of the worlds best doing exactly that

What happened to these guys, not progressed or lacking in confidence? 

A few on here where really keen on getting Westwood out for one of these 2, yet it seems every time they got a chance, they made basic errors. (And to be fair, pulled off the odd good save). 

What did people see in these two, to want them to keep the number 1 shirt? 

21 minutes ago, Rogers said:

What did people see in these two, to want them to keep the number 1 shirt? 

Totally agree. For the life of me  I cannot understand how players so bad, without even basic understanding of goalkeeping can be a pro keeper. 

This isn't some witch hunt either. I'm being absolutely honest. 

These two shouldn't even  be in the professional game. 

Whatever happened to? 

" Look Son, you just won't cut it as a pro, but you may have a good amateur career, and who knows how you'll progress eh?..... Close the door on the way out "

Remember that time when we had Chris Adamson as number 1, or when it was Ola Tidman? Dark days. I actually think these pair are even worse.

We probably can’t afford it but we need two goalkeepers in case the new number 1 gets injured. These aren’t even capable backups for me. They give me the fear watching them so god knows what their defensive colleagues think playing in front of them.

• Haha 1

Ideally get one of them out on loan , and have other as back up to whoever , good freebies out there include :

luke Daniels - former Scunthorpe, Brentford , wba , very experienced 

Age 33

Frank fielding -  former millwall , derby , Bristol city ; 

age 33

Jamaal Blackman :plenty of loan spells in efl ; at leeds ; Sheff u , rotherham amongst others 

age 27 

Marcus betteneli : ex Fulham 

age 29

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Are you kidding...parry shots away?...christ there'd be a meltdown on here if any of our keepers parry a shot away (unless it was Westwood)

Despite the fact that the Euro's was full of the worlds best doing exactly that

Its not about parrying shots away its where you parry them to. Toney even said they trained around Dawson parrying to the same place. 

Both wildsmith and Dawson have mistakes in them with wildsmith slightly better of the two imo? With us being linked with peacock Farrell looks like moore knows the score aswell? Unfortunately we need to loan one out to probably get one in and can’t see there being many takers especially with the wages situation? We’ll need to score a few cus both of them don’t look like keeping many clean sheets