Goalkeeping Situation - Dawson / Wildsmith

Would rather we gave Jackson or that child we just signed from Man City a go rather than persevering with these two. Can still remember all the posters on here saying Dawson was better than Westwood at the start of last season though lol 

The fact that one of them can’t even kick a ball straight, refuses to ever move off his line and has dropped more clangers than any other keeper we’ve had should have been more than enough evidence 5 years ago to bomb him out.

Dawson has shown some progression and has tried to be more dominant in the box but simply doesn’t save enough shots and clearly doesn’t have the mental fortitude to be a keeper at this club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

He's an absolute a/hole in the dressing room, on the training pitch and with the other two keepers...just stories from the inside

That's weird because I've been told different from someone on the inside.

But hey, people have a different take on things.

One thing is for sure, I rather have him in goal this season than Wildsmith or Dawson.

Let's just hope the young lad from Man City makes the grade pretty quickly.

It’s a situation that should have been resolved years ago when Bruce was in charge. 

What I do find strange however is that in the Bannan threads anytime wages are mentioned there’s multiple posters saying how the figures are obviously misquoted and there’s no way he’s on £27k a week (despite local journalists confirming it) however when Dawson’s wages are quoted this figure is now taken as the truth and is a reason why he won’t be able to leave.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

has he said anything? 

Sounded in his post match interview that it’s a battle between Dawson and Wildsmith for the job and at the moment it’s 50/50.  I took that to mean they are both equally as bad as each other 

No club can be successful with out a recognised quality number 1.

That's a fact.

21 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Remember when we thought we had two promising young goalkeepers?  I miss those uneducated days  

Wildsmith when he first broke on to the scene genuinely look a good prospect. Sad what’s happened since. Dawson has never looked the part.

How much more criticism do Dawson and Wildsmith need for the club to realise they are not good enough keepers at this level. They might be nice blokes and train hard but in reality they are just not up to it. We need a goalkeeper to stop the ball going in the net. PERIOD!!!

UTO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wednesday Fan said:

How much more criticism do Dawson and Wildsmith need for the club to realise they are not good enough keepers at this level. They might be nice blokes and train hard but in reality they are just not up to it. We need a goalkeeper to stop the ball going in the net. PERIOD!!!

UTO

The players, manager and club all know I think. Remember Dawson doing an interview during lockdown where he was talking to a fan and he said something like ‘oh you got to watch us when we had good players then’. He was only half joking as he knows he’s not good enough. Wildsmith can tell knows he’s not up to it. Moore can’t say anything because they’re under contract and stuck with them but he’s not blind.

• Like 1

I'd love us to get Archer. He was pretty impressive the times I saw him play for Millwall. But alas, Boro got in there first. If I had to keep a goalie it would be Cammy but only as backup. We need a new Number 1 stat.

Was Weaver really that terrible as a GK coach? Any goalies on here?