Vile attacks on the England players

After watching the Euros and liking what I saw from the ENGLAND team, I find it abhorent to hear about the Vile and Viscious attack on the Social media of the BLACK ENGLISH player's.

The cowards who do this, while sitting behind their Keyboard's and using some silly childish name, are a disgrace to humanity.

I have seen invertebrate's with more back bone than this scum.

• Like 7

Stay off twitter.  Just in general - it is the worst cesspool of all social media (except from Quora).

This is nothing new.  Remember them burning Beckham in effigy?

It's just these days it is in everyone's homes and on everyone's phones.

I have mostly given up social media these days.  Forums are where it's at again.

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

This is nothing new.  Remember them burning Beckham in effigy?

I was only on about that to our lass ,last night. 

Effigy of Beckham in a noose. Shocking.

Difference then though, as you said, is that people didnt have direct access to the players like they do now. 

I havent got a clue about technology to be honest...but surely the coppers etc can track down these vile gets with their internet addresses or sumat?

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

19 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

I was only on about that to our lass ,last night. 

Effigy of Beckham in a noose. Shocking.

Difference then though, as you said, is that people didnt have direct access to the players like they do now. 

I havent got a clue about technology to be honest...but surely the coppers etc can track down these vile gets with their internet addresses or sumat?

image.png.ced8d2bcffb0e259851bbea7049b0ee6.png

Christ, that's actually worse than I remember.  23-year-old lad in his first major tournament.   Shocking.

image.png.ed3505ba64ae3af65406864a187ca6e1.png

At least the press probably won't get stuck in this time...

11 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

image.png.ced8d2bcffb0e259851bbea7049b0ee6.png

Christ, that's actually worse than I remember.  23-year-old lad in his first major tournament.   Shocking.

image.png.ed3505ba64ae3af65406864a187ca6e1.png

At least the press probably won't get stuck in this time...

Awful

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Thinking about it, I bet Piers Morgan was behind that dartboard.

******** sanctimonious hypocrite that he is.

That ref got a bullet through the post or sumat didnt he. Just reminded me seeing him on the dart board. 

Mind, at least no one has got the Escobar treatment...

• Like 1

Needs to be a big change with social media, more accountability, registration with proof of name and address, twitter is just a free for all.

Noticed Windass just posted links to another site that does just this, but twitter is just to big now, 

Edited by swafty
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, swafty said:

Needs to be a big change with social media, more accountability, registration with proof of name and address, twitter is just a free for all.

Noticed Windass just posted links to another site that does just this, but twitter is just to big now, 

It's a monster.

1 hour ago, swafty said:

Twitter needs closing down, it serves no good purpose.  

Any wonder when our scumbag PM refuses to speak out against those booing the knee? What kind of example does that set? 

Utterly rancid. 

Twitter can get t’fizz as well. A total Wild West where people with fake names and profile pics can spout hate and racism with impunity. 

• Like 1

This goes deeper 

I accept what you say about  twitter but don't agree

It may have given a platform to so many racists and bigots but it's also hugely amplified the multitude voices railing against those heinous twats

Unfortunately there are so many chavs and scumbags who follow football.

some of the reports of behaviour inside and outside of the stadium v Denmark and Italy…..and no doubt Germany too….are just embarrassing and shameful.

We see these cretins at away games especially, hurling abuse at their own players, and spoiling for a fight. I gave up going to away games because I didn’t want to breathe the same fart-ridden, beery, expelled air as these tvvats.

• Like 2

Can we please stop going on about twitter as if the problem of racism would magically disappear if twitter ceased to exist or if controls were more stringent. It isn't a problem confined to social media. Admittedly it does give some kind of outlet to the dregs of society but it would still be there, they'd find some other way to spread their hate.

I don't post many personal things on here but this has really got to me over the last couple of days. As I'm sure it has with many.

My niece (8) and nephew (12) are mixed race. Neither have shown much interest in football at all until this tournament, probably because their friends at school are into it, they are playing in the playground pretending to be their favourite England player etc, as we all did.

I was chuffed to bits when I found out that they were both getting into it because I've always believed that sport is great for kids. It can give a focus, help develop bonds and show how people from any background can come together. And my niece has always been more into 'girly' stuff like Disney, dresses and all that so I thought it was great that she could also see that women could get into football. My nephew has always been a bit more academic and shy so getting into football has helped him mix a bitter better with his school pals.

They are the sweetest, most thoughtful kids i've ever met. They never ask for anything. My niece made an England shirt at school, basically just a white tshirt with a red cross painted on 🙂 I wanted to encourage their new interest in football so I bought them their first football shirts, the new England kit. One of the main reasons as to why I was glad to do it was that I am really proud of this current team for their off field stuff and the diversity of the team. 

They were over the moon with their kits, the look on their face was brilliant to see. They both wore them throughout the match and before when they had a little kick about in the garden. Fast forward to after the match they are both gutted about the result obviously. But it's another reason as to why sport is great for kids in my opinion. It shows that in life you don't always get the result you want but you have the chance to go again.

Fast forward one day later they are waking up to news that people are being racially abused. It's all over the news and they are asking what it was all about and why is it happening, are they going to be picked on. More so my nephew who is older and see's it more. It was devastating to hear. He has also had nightmares. It just sickens me that it is even a thing in this day and age. 

I had thought of taking them to their first football match when we are back at home. But I don't know if I want to. Not because I think that our fans would racially abuse them. But I hope that the taking of the knee continues. But I do not want to have to explain to them why some fans are booing it.

• Love 3

Quite apart from all the domestic abuse victims and political dissidents who rely on the ability to remain anonymous online, if social media companies started demanding ID in order to use it, I know I definitely just wouldn't bother.

Tech companies already have enough of my personal data as it is, and I'd rather not have strangers combing through the last 20 years of my life looking for signs of ideological impurity, thanks.

Guest OwlPastie

Anyone who racially abuses anyone online should have their details publicly shared on that same platform.

If that racial abuse is aimed at a sportsman or sportswoman they should be banned from ever getting tickets. 

Attitudes towards racism in this country have evolved so much in the last 20 years, and we should be proud that things like this do make the news. Countries with extreme race issues, it's normalised and not newsworthy. But at least we are making progress to reduce it, and openly shame when it does happen. I just feel the perpetrator should be publicly shamed, not just their actions.