Bailey Peacock-Farrell

40 minutes ago, NewBee said:

I've watched him play for NI.

Excellent shot-stopper.;

Has been caught out at his near post a couple of times (though this is something he can work on);

Kicking and throw-outs are decent enough;

Doesn't really command his 6 yard box/penalty area (though NI defend deep with big CB's, so not such a problem and besides, he's young);

Overall he's been impressive, considering he hardly plays for his club.

More generally, he was unlucky that Bielsa took over at Leeds and immediately wanted an experienced gk (fair enough). Then  Casilla, the one he brought in, has since had to be lent back to Spain for being crap.

Can't see that BPF would want to play in League One, since he should be good enough for Championship. And assuming Wednesday cannot afford his wages without help, Burnley would likely only subsidise them if he were playing regularly at a higher level.

Oh, and I nearly forgot: while Nixon sometimes gets it right, he also talks poo just as frequently.

He want unlucky at Leeds, we were glad to see him go.  Far too many mistakes. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

He want unlucky at Leeds, we were glad to see him go.  Far too many mistakes. 

No doubt you saw him play, so I'll defer to that.

Otoh, he was Leeds Young POTY before Bielsa arrived.

And when Bielsa did come in, it was clear he had no interest in BPF, whether in the moment, or for the future.

Which he was entiteld to do, but it must have been crushing for the confidence of any young player, never mind a keeper. And let's face it, Bielsa's  choice of replacement, Casilla, was hardly an improvement! 😆

Anyhow, all things considered, even including the occasional error, BPF's been good for NI over his 21 caps.

• Like 2

Trouble is we have been spoilt for keepers for nearly 15 years  or so now;

David Lucas was a good keeper

Lee Grant

Nick Weaver

Stephen Bywater

Chris Kirkland

Kieran Westwood

All very good if not excellent goalkeepers when they played for us.

Now we have Dawson / Wildsmith neither are good enough.

We need a new number 1 but cant see us getting someone permanently whilst either of these two are at the club.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2021 at 14:46, S36 OWL said:

He sounds like a posh, Eaton pupil. 

He really doesn't. I don't think there is anyone at Eton called "Bailley". One sincerely hopes not anyway although they do seem to let any old oik in these days if they have the money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Trouble is we have been spoilt for keepers for nearly 15 years  or so now;

David Lucas was a good keeper

Lee Grant

Nick Weaver

Stephen Bywater

Chris Kirkland

Kieran Westwood

All very good if not excellent goalkeepers when they played for us.

Now we have Dawson / Wildsmith neither are good enough.

We need a new number 1 but cant see us getting someone permanently whilst either of these two are at the club.

Goes back further than that really, Pressman, Woods, Turner, Hodge, Bolder. So many of them local too, for some reason the region makes great keepers and of course great defenders these days too although sadly none have come to Wednesday.

Edited by George
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, George said:

Goes back further than that really, Pressman, Woods, Turner, Hodge, Bolder. So many of them local too, for some reason the region makes great keepers and of course great defenders these days too although sadly none have come to Wednesday.

We did have that blip period

Ola Tidman

Brad Jones

• Like 1

Dom has just posted an article saying how we are likely to be looking elsewhere.

Says Burnley need a replacement first, although sky are reporting this morning Wayne Hennessy is set to sign for Burnley. But they also are reserved about letting him drop into L1. 

• Like 1

I work with a Leeds season ticket holder and I mentioned Peackcok-Ferrell to him. He wasn't impressed by him at all. His description of him reminded me of Dawson / Wildsmith. He said he is a good shot stopper but is awful at kicking and commanding his area and once he makes a mistake he compound it by making many more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George said:

nvm

Edited by owlinexile

5 hours ago, George said:

He really doesn't. I don't think there is anyone at Eton called "Bailley". One sincerely hopes not anyway although they do seem to let any old oik in these days if they have the money.

Only chavs and Scottish people have surnames as first names.

Neither are particularly well-represented at Eton tbh.

On 14/07/2021 at 09:58, George said:

My sister's dog is called Bailey, think that says it all...

There is probably nothing healthy in name-snobbery; looking down on someone because they choose to give their child a dog's name or because they name their child after their favourite soap character.

Mind you there is nothing healthy about a lot of the things I do and I am going to keep doing them too.

Edited by George
  • Haha 1