Bailey Peacock-Farrell

2 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Better than what we currently have.

Our problem may be in trying to get someone to take Dawson off of our hands on £8400 a week.

This is where Chansiri needs educating that a loan recovering 50% of wages (for example) is economically better than paying 100% of his wages to not play. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, striker said:

This is where Chansiri needs educating that a loan recovering 50% of wages (for example) is economically better than paying 100% of his wages to not play. 

Out of interest what level of club has 4K per week to pay for our keeper. Most clubs in this league don’t pay that amount for their stars. If he’s not good enough for league one, as many seem certain of do you think league 2 budget is for loanees?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Out of interest what level of club has 4K per week to pay for our keeper. Most clubs in this league don’t pay that amount for their stars. If he’s not good enough for league one, as many seem certain of do you think league 2 budget is for loanees?

It was an example, I don't know his exact wage. My point was being sensible with loan deals and covering wages. Chansiri can't expect to get all the wage covered, anything back is better than nothing if a player not going to be involved.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, striker said:

It was an example, I don't know his exact wage. My point was being sensible with loan deals and covering wages. Chansiri can't expect to get all the wage covered, anything back is better than nothing if a player not going to be involved.

I get your point, just that if he’s not good enough for league one but has a contract of a championship player, you’d be lucky to get 10-20% of his contract covered in league two. 

There just isn’t money around at the clubs that could realistically loan him IMO.

Our best way to realise our investment would be to play him and prey he develops/isn’t as bad as many think. He’s had spells were he had looked more than capable. I hope he can regain form/confidence if he is still here and we have no one better brought in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I get your point, just that if he’s not good enough for league one but has a contract of a championship player, you’d be lucky to get 10-20% of his contract covered in league two. 

There just isn’t money around at the clubs that could realistically loan him IMO.

Our best way to realise our investment would be to play him and prey he develops/isn’t as bad as many think. He’s had spells were he had looked more than capable. I hope he can regain form/confidence if he is still here and we have no one better brought in.

Fair point, notwithstanding that we don't know what his contract is or if there would be interest, on priciple for a club who hasn't been able to afford to fix the boiler at the ground, pay players wages, better to reduce the wage bill by 10-20% than retain a player on full wages if he isn't going to be part of the managers plans. 

As it happens, I think Dawson is better than Wildsmith, though neither good enough for a team aiming to challenge for promotion, although the same argument could be applied to both in terms of loan and wages. I do think we need a new GK and I don't think we can carry three senior GK's in the squad, one of them ideally  will have to move on, if possible.

• Like 1

I've watched him play for NI.

Excellent shot-stopper.;

Has been caught out at his near post a couple of times (though this is something he can work on);

Kicking and throw-outs are decent enough;

Doesn't really command his 6 yard box/penalty area (though NI defend deep with big CB's, so not such a problem and besides, he's young);

Overall he's been impressive, considering he hardly plays for his club.

More generally, he was unlucky that Bielsa took over at Leeds and immediately wanted an experienced gk (fair enough). Then  Casilla, the one he brought in, has since had to be lent back to Spain for being crap.

Can't see that BPF would want to play in League One, since he should be good enough for Championship. And assuming Wednesday cannot afford his wages without help, Burnley would likely only subsidise them if he were playing regularly at a higher level.

Oh, and I nearly forgot: while Nixon sometimes gets it right, he also talks poo just as frequently.

• Thanks 1