George Byers

4 minutes ago, scram said:

He is a playmaker

Guess that you know him from his Watford days.

Whenever I've seen him he played next to Grimes, pushed forward, tackled, but did little to dictate play or to impress with his touch and passing skills. Hope he will fix this problematic position in our team if we sign him, though.

2 hours ago, malek said:

We have Adeniran, Luongo, Dele-Bashiru and Waldock to play there so why we need Byers, while we are in a dire need of a playmaker ?!

Do you mean we need a number 10/attacking midfielder? -Because we have a (deeper-lying) playmaker already.

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

(That's key passes above ^ - should have included)

Thanks mate.

1'st: I wouldn't gamble our season on Bannan not leaving the club.

2'nd: Although he tends to drop deep Bannan doesn't play as a "deep laying" playmaker. He wants too much touches on the ball, slows our attacks down and tends to play that final ball far too often, especially considering he plays it a lot while in his own half. All qualities much more suited for someone who plays much higher up the pitch. Than again if Bannan doesn't drop deep, we would struggle to pass ball out of our own 30 yards even more. All in all I think both Bannan and football we play would improve if we play proper deep laying midfielder behind more attacking Barry Bannan.

5 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

We cant afford Bannan in this division he signed his contract after the september cut off for wage inclusion in the accounts, and in league one you have to submit a monthly statement of turnover to wages which cant exceed 60%

I believe it's 75% in the first season after relegation from the Championship.