Chester vs 🦉 SWFC - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

25 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Yes we've got games midweek and weekend right up to the Huddersfield game on 1st August. 

Tues - Alfreton

Sat - Barnsley 

Tues - WBA 

Sat - Wrexham 

Tues - Port Vale 

There's also been mention of a £5 stream for the Alfreton game.......

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

He didn't really make much impact at Rochdale on loan last season.  But an extra year of development can make all the difference I guess...

The picture we had was better against Celtic, but still not good enough to tell if it was Bola. I thought Bola looked a bit more inclined to dive in than this player, but he has same short hair and a similar powerful build doesn't he? Whoever he is he would be a big improvement on Borner, especially if he can play more than half a dozen games without breaking down. Borner did some things very well for us, but he was not a very mobile centre half and his tackling back, when caught out was nearly as bad as Hutchinson's, although Hutch looks quite well behaved of late. I would be happy to see the 35 triallist sign for us and let Borner go for a small fee if his heart isn't in it. 

13 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

No, he's a free agent.

Oh right, I'd just been reading up on him after being told it was him.

I just presumed loan as it was reported Arsenal recalled him from his loan deal at Rochdale last year.