Transfer restrictions

Can sign players on Free transfers

or loan however due to not paying wages in full for 4 consecutive months, the club have been told to get their cash flow in order and that means they are barred from spending any money on transfers. It also means that any bids made for players that are received have to be notified to the EFL and a reason given as to why they are being rejected if indeed they are.

1 minute ago, King_Monkey said:

or loan however due to not paying wages in full for 4 consecutive months, the club have been told to get their cash flow in order and that means they are barred from spending any money on transfers. It also means that any bids made for players that are received have to be notified to the EFL and a reason given as to why they are being rejected if indeed they are.

Well run club

• Haha 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

Well run club

Standard practice to be fair. Birmingham City we’re hit with same punishment some time ago. At that time they rejected a bid of £6m for Che Adam’s. The EFL wanted to punish them as it was against their instruction and imposed business plan. Birmingham fought it and won and 6 months later they sold him to Southampton for £15m

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Where does it say this?

• Like 1

My understanding is that this is self imposed by the club. I did question it when it I read it, because if I'm honest it just looked like another soft embargo.

However we arnt on the naughty list for that on the EFL website.

However picking the brains of a few journo's suggested that it's self imposed.

So looking at it logically, I'm of that opinion.

Edited by Maddogbob

46 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

How on earth did we get in this mess. I know who’s responsible but it’s just beyond belief. 

34 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Thats mad, so any club can come in with a stupid bid and we have to accept, otherwise EFL will take action

Not necessarily if the Birmingham precedent mentioned above* still holds - sounds like we'd have to make a credible case to the EFL that, say, Windass is worth more than £350k...

*. The EFL wanted to punish them as it was against their instruction and imposed business plan. Birmingham fought it and won and 6 months later they sold him to Southampton for £15m

44 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Thats mad, so any club can come in with a stupid bid and we have to accept, otherwise EFL will take action

If it is true but I'll need more convincing. If indeed the EFL has placed us under these restrictions they are doing a good job of hiding it as I can't find any official reference to it.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

They can take action but it can be overturned.
There is the Birmingham precedent where the EFL tried to make them accept an offer that seriously undervalued Che Adams. Chansiri has shown his willingness to do battle with the bullying actions of the EFL.