BREAKING - Wednesday given suspended- 6 point deduction

Smoke and mirrors……

So we are hit with yet another sanction. Rules is rules so difficult to argue against it….but….

Where’s the transparency & accountability in all of this? Deathly silence again from our ‘beloved’ owner who appears to not care a throw about the risk & consequences in spite of his previous misdemeanour.

The EFL now issue a statement saying Derby transgressed at least 3 months before us (December 2020 v March 21) yet seemingly delay their punishment until it nicely coincides with ours. If they truly mean business why did the EFL not send a signal to clubs immediately Derby transgressed I wonder? This could (although given Chansiri’s track record would likely have not!) have dissuaded other clubs from following suit & we wouldn’t have been where we are with today’s announcement.

About time both Chansiri & the EFL come clean about the whole sorry story. It’s clear that at best there a  major failing in governance in both organisations & compounded by an all round lack of honesty & accountability.  The whole thing stinks!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I wonder if it’s because we’ve been doing it for longer?

Absolutely. Rumours started at the end of 2019 which coincided with the teams collapse in form. Think we were 3rd in the Championship in the run in to Christmas back then.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

If other clubs start struggling in the same way us and Derby have done. If the EFL don’t show consistency from here on in then some serious questions need to be asked as I don’t think for instance Middlesbrough would be copping for it in the same way?

I can't believe that only 2 clubs has missed payments... doesn't feel right to me, what about the likes of Swindon?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hoofit said:

Smoke and mirrors……

So we are hit with yet another sanction. Rules is rules so difficult to argue against it….but….

Where’s the transparency & accountability in all of this? Deathly silence again from our ‘beloved’ owner who appears to not care a throw about the risk & consequences in spite of his previous misdemeanour.

The EFL now issue a statement saying Derby transgressed at least 3 months before us (December 2020 v March 21) yet seemingly delay their punishment until it nicely coincides with ours. If they truly mean business why did the EFL not send a signal to clubs immediately Derby transgressed I wonder? This could (although given Chansiri’s track record would likely have not!) have dissuaded other clubs from following suit & we wouldn’t have been where we are with today’s announcement.

About time both Chansiri & the EFL come clean about the whole sorry story. It’s clear that at best there a  major failing in governance in both organisations & compounded by an all round lack of honesty & accountability.  The whole thing stinks!

EFL rules and sanctions were posted here in the last few days. I only skimmed them but never noticed anything written on the back of a cig packet. 

Derby’s December non-payment was related to the failed takeover.

bin zayed group were supposed to complete the takeover and pay the wages.

they kept promising that the funds had been transferred and it was all in progress. Eventually  it became blindingly obvious - even to Mel - that there weren’t any funds and the takeover collapsed. 

Cheers. Not questioning rules & penalties for breaking them - my point is that EFL’s approach to applying them & the timing of their actions is open to serious challenge  on the back of the dates quoted in their press release about Wednesday & Derby breaches alone

Just now, Hoofit said:

he certainly appears to keep his cards close to his chest ......if things are as bad as some say they are he aint going help matters by coming out and telling the facts ......if i was the sole owner of a business that was struggling  i wouldnt be coming out telling my customers of my financial problems ...would you ?

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Dc fanboys after mobilising all forces this morning for a full on offensive....have yet again had to beat a hasty retreat...after the latest bad news...no doubt they’ll be back in a few days.garymegson

Agree with you to an extent torryowl but football wouldn’t be football without supporters. Owners have come & gone,  league’s & fortunes change but supporters remain - at least that’s the way it’s been until now. It’s a pretty naive move to stop communicating with them don’t you think? When times have been hard in the past we’ve stood by our team & club - even Dave Allen had an ongoing dialogue with us….  

Whilst ever Chansiri remains silent rumour & speculation will be rife. ‘A problem shared is a problem halved’ so they say…..

Why has Thailand's King Maha Vajiralongkorn been holed up in a 5 star Bavarian Hotel for the best part of two years ? 

He has his own Entourage taking care of his needs including 20+ young women. With anti Royal sentiment running high in Thailand it is said that  King Maha Vajiralongkorn from that vast distance still has the powers to quickly put his detractors behind Bars.

Beyond this I know little of what is happening on the ground in Thailand other than our Wonga supply appears to have dried up.

Yet, I suspect some of our super snoops will piece together the Jig-Saw Puzzle !

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Why has Thailand's King Maha Vajiralongkorn been holed up in a 5 star Bavarian Hotel for the best part of two years ? 

He has his own Entourage taking care of his needs including 20+ young women. With anti Royal sentiment running high in Thailand it is said that  King Maha Vajiralongkorn from that vast distance still has the powers to quickly put his detractors behind Bars.

Beyond this I know little of what is happening on the ground in Thailand other than our Wonga supply appears to have dried up.

Yet, I suspect some of our super snoops will piece together the Jig-Saw Puzzle !

Nev I’ve been traveling around Thailand for the last 15 months and it’s a mess. The reliance on tourism has hit the country very hard. Some places are just ghost towns now. Particularly the tourist areas, many places have closed and are for sale at ridiculously low prices. This has a knock on for everything else, and there’s very little help from the government.

Regardless of your thoughts on Chansiri, if his other businesses are funding Wednesday ( even for tax purposes as suggested) then it has got to be having a massive impact. Particularly if his business is property. There’s no building work going on and property prices have bombed.

• Thanks 2

EFL giving DC a bollocking in 2020 

“You’ve spent way too much money on funding your football club, you’re having a 12 point deduction”

EFL giving DC a bollocking  in 2021

”We don’t care that you’ve had no revenue for the past 18 months, keep funding your football club or you’re having a 6 point deduction”

:Chansiri:

Just now, Django said:

EFL giving DC a bollocking in 2020 

“You’ve spent way too much money on funding your football club, you’re having a 12 point deduction”

EFL giving DC a bollocking  in 2021

”We don’t care that you’ve had no revenue for the past 18 months, keep funding your football club or you’re having a 6 point deduction”

:Chansiri:

That's NOT how it went down at all tho

lol

Owlstalk Shop