BREAKING - Wednesday given suspended- 6 point deduction

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

It blatantly is true though,  I said it more than once on this forum 

It’s his desire to pay the wages that’s the problem, someone asked me other day if i thought he could refund season ticket holders and I never replied , of course he could ! 

In answer to what they could do other than points deductions, it’s very difficult I admit but ultimately all a points deduction does is punish the fans , the owners must be held accountable and if there not fit for purpose the EFL must look at there fit and proper persons criteria and asses who there letting in to run these clubs 

Well if true he’s an absolute man baby with zero morals or integrity.

I refuse to believe that’s true. I hold him in a pretty low regard but surely he’s not that much of an arsehole. 

Yes I agree the EFL should. But sadly it’s football. Chansiri had the money to buy the club. That’s all that’s required. The EFL, Mandaric or any Wednesday fan could have envisaged him to be quite this useless.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A Billionaire isn't going to be bothered by a financial fine - they can just pay it off and then put ticket prices up to recoup it

The threat of a points deduction that could relegate you - that creates a massive issue for you as it wlll cost you way more in the end than just paying off a piddling little fine

Indeed - he probably learnt from last year, when it wouldn't surprise me that he though -6 points wouldn't be an issue with the players he was 'funding'. I hope he was genuinely shocked at the outcome in May.

6 minutes ago, thesexynortherner said:

I thought that he mortgaged the ground off for the quick money.. don’t see why he’d do that if he was rolling in moolah.

That was to try and get around FFP rules, nothing to do with trying to raise cash.

Don't forget he bought the stadium himself.

36 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Hilarious people whinging about a punishment that is perfectly fair in my opinion. 

Club doesn’t pay players

Club doesn’t pay players again

And again

etc etc

EFL don’t like it and threaten 6 point deduction if we fail to pay players again. 

Everyone loses their shiit and blames EFL 😂😂😂

Agreed the EFL can’t allow a situation where owners REPEATEDLY fail to pay wages they have contractually agreed to and get away with it scott free, it would be a farce.

The only person to blame for this (and every other sanction, embargo, points deduction that has befallen us) is the cretin who runs the club.

What there needs to be now is a statement from the owner, on the way forwards and what his long term plans are (if he has any)

Without this, i’d be suspecting he’s looking for any way out possible and those wages we’re paid as a last resort , maybe a takeover fell through 

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

That was to try and get around FFP rules, nothing to do with trying to raise cash.

Don't forget he bought the stadium himself.

I thought I saw something on here about there being a mortgage taken out against the ground.. not the sales of the ground. 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

What there needs to be now is a statement from the owner, on the way forwards and what his long term plans are (if he has any)

Without this, i’d be suspecting he’s looking for any way out possible and those wages we’re paid as a last resort , maybe a takeover fell through 

The only way we would get anything if fans stopped buying the tickets and merchandise. But you put a club badge on it and of you go.

DC is treating hundreds if not thousands of fans with blatant disrespect and what happens when the new £60 shirt comes out - they buy it

The only way you get rid of a leach is cut off its food supply. DC continues to milk the fans with little or no investment from him we continue to fall further and further down the leagues. 12-18 months more of DC there will be no club left to save.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Another thought too

If The EFL had hit Chansiri with these sanctions when the pay issues started (before covid) then we would be supporting a Championship team today and not a League One team.

If the EFL had put the rule in years ago that a club cannot sell their stadium. Then we and other fans would not have the worry of becoming,"homeless"

• Like 1

Actually have to say that is perfectly fair we have been given a warning! Don’t f up again and you’ll be fine! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, owlprince said:

Actually have to say that is perfectly fair we have been given a warning! Don’t f up again and you’ll be fine! 

Agreed

All our fans should welcome it as it protects our club against a reckless owner

Owlstalk Shop

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

If the EFL had put the rule in years ago that a club cannot sell their stadium. Then we and other fans would not have the worry of becoming,"homeless"

The EFL have a thankless task. Whatever they do the money men would find a way around it. They can afford better lawyers than the EFL. I honestly think it’s time to let owners and clubs spend what they want. If clubs go bust, then the EFL can at least say they tried. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

All our fans should welcome it as it protects our club against a reckless owner

Wait for the organised public rant from DC and the impending EFL charges.

You know he will have to have the last word.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

The EFL have a thankless task. Whatever they do the money men would find a way around it. They can afford better lawyers than the EFL. I honestly think it’s time to let owners and clubs spend what they want. If clubs go bust, then the EFL can at least say they tried. 

agree re the thankless task

They're always going to be playing catch up and one step behind as the chairman and owners seek out ways to bypass the rules

Not sure I'd just let it be a free for all though - that'd be like the Government lifting all the covid restrictions then watching a huge spike and thousands of deaths then saying 'hey - at least we tried to tell you that might happen'

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, room0035 said:

Wait for the organised public rant from DC and the impending EFL charges.

You know he will have to have the last word.

He gets his ass handed to him on a plate every time he picks a fight

Six years at this club
So many fights, arguments, rules broken, arguments, disciplinary meetings etc

He's lost EVERY SINGLE ONE

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop