BREAKING - Wednesday given suspended- 6 point deduction

Does make you wonder if there are new owners waiting for contracts to be signed off, but didn’t want to start on minus 6 so stumped up the wages? Sounds far fetched but didn’t Att sign a couple of players before his dad was official owner?

• Like 1

Understandable really... its been pathetic that we have been unable to pay players and I think it's a contributing factor as to why certain players have opted to leave.

I just really f#@king hope we pay the players this season, we have been warned. It's down to Chansiri not to F us up now, I feel a points deduction coming.

Just now, catdog1121 said:

A financial penalty?

A Billionaire isn't going to be bothered by a financial fine - they can just pay it off and then put ticket prices up to recoup it

The threat of a points deduction that could relegate you - that creates a massive issue for you as it wlll cost you way more in the end than just paying off a piddling little fine

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

He's always had the money, even Nixon says he's loaded.

I've said before he decided not to pay wages to punish players for relegation.

He only paid them all so quick at the start of the week as the ruling said pay all wages owed by 5 July 2021 or get a 6 point deduction.

He went as long as he could before he had to pay them!

If this is true then my opinion of Chansiri has dropped even lower.

Which decent player will sign for us knowing he might not get paid after 2 bad games, ridiculous!!!

4 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He only paid them all so quick at the start of the week as the ruling said pay all wages owed by 5 July 2021 or get a 6 point deduction.

I sincerely hope this is not true. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine being a fan who has been waiting over a YEAR for their refund hearing the news that if Chansiri is late paying payments to the players then we'll get a huge points deduction that could relegate us

That is a very interesting point! Can only surmise that employees are considered more important than ‘customers’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thesexynortherner said:

That is a very interesting point! Can only surmise that employees are considered more important than ‘customers’.

I was thinking more along the lines of those fans will be sat there knowing that if our chairman is late with payments then our club gets screwed, whilst at the same time experiencing themselves a full year of late payments

How are you supposed to tell those fans that it's all gonna be ok?

They won't believe you - because they themselves are still waiting for a late payment

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, thesexynortherner said:

And when you add in that £100 to someone who hasn’t worked for a year is probably worth a lot more than £50k to a millionaire. It makes it really stick in the throat 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Maybe not but entirely plausible.

He doesn't pay the players for months citing lack of revenue because of COVID then the minute he's threatened with a points the deduction he's able to find the money to pay all the wages quickly.

Without the threat of a points deduction he wouldn't have paid them.

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I thought that he mortgaged the ground off for the quick money.. don’t see why he’d do that if he was rolling in moolah.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It blatantly is true though,  I said it more than once on this forum 

It’s his desire to pay the wages that’s the problem, someone asked me other day if i thought he could refund season ticket holders and I never replied , of course he could ! 

In answer to what they could do other than points deductions, it’s very difficult I admit but ultimately all a points deduction does is punish the fans , the owners must be held accountable and if there not fit for purpose the EFL must look at there fit and proper persons criteria and asses who there letting in to run these clubs 

• Thanks 1

We are on the watch list and rightly so. 

Run the club properly and in a normal manner and there's no problem. If he disagrees with simple laws and rules don't buy a football club in the UK.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

That's what I suspect, but then why the late payments of salaries in late 2019 or was that for a different reason? 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

It blatantly is true though,  I said it more than once on this forum 

It’s his desire to pay the wages that’s the problem, someone asked me other day if i thought he could refund season ticket holders and I never replied , of course he could ! 

In answer to what they could do other than points deductions, it’s very difficult I admit but ultimately all a points deduction does is punish the fans , the owners must be held accountable and if there not fit for purpose the EFL must look at there fit and proper persons criteria and asses who there letting in to run these clubs 

The thing is though - there's no punishment that would affect the Chairman as much as point deductions that relegated his club

Owlstalk Shop