Borner Battle Burns Brightly

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

If we release Borner from his contract without a transfer request aren’t we liable to pay the remainder of his contract or at least the difference he would get in Germany?

Yes we would be - same as if we sell a player without him requesting a transfer they got a % of the transfer fee

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If we release Borner from his contract without a transfer request aren’t we liable to pay the remainder of his contract or at least the difference he would get in Germany?

That's what I thought, so if the player does want to leave he needs to hand in a transfer request.

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He may well have

my suspicion is that he did

So I guess the right to walk away free is cancelled when his wages are paid, and I guess the club paid within that 14 day notice period? 

What a mess. 

Be tempted to just let him leave. No point having a player here who really doesn’t want to be here. 

Good job our chairman isn’t known for being pointlessly stubborn about things eh? As others have said, can see us hanging on and him going for nothing in a year anyway. I suppose you could say what have we got to lose in that case, but keeping players despite them wanting out hasn’t worked that well for last few years….

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Can't believe he wants away.

Don't really understand the claim from Hannover, what basis do they believe the player can go for free?  Also, how are they able to talk to Borner without going through Wednesday?  I wonder if there's a clause in the Borner contract that Hannover believe they can trigger.  Speculation.

It's all a bit bizzarre.

Presumably the basis, that if a club fails to pay the playing in full for two consecutive months the player can hand his notice in and the club has 10 days to pay him or he is a free agent.

DC fail to pay him in full for nearly 4 months and only paid because he had offers.

Covid has been hard for everyone, Borner family are in Germany as far as I know  from press releases and the bloke wants to return home. He has always turned up when required and DC has done him a big disservice. Let him leave if DC need to save face let it be for a small nominal fee.

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Chansiri well within his rights asking for a fee ,but he’ll probably ask for about 5 mill because Borner is part of the family . Then he’ll see how his contract and go for free 

After picking up a few hundred grand in loyalty payments at the end of his contract. All in all probably costing us close to £750k by the time he leaves as a free agent.

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Can't believe he wants away.

Don't really understand the claim from Hannover, what basis do they believe the player can go for free?  Also, how are they able to talk to Borner without going through Wednesday?  I wonder if there's a clause in the Borner contract that Hannover believe they can trigger.  Speculation.

It's all a bit bizzarre.

Why cant you believe he wants away? Have you been asleep last 2 years?

Borner wanted to give notice due to not getting paid, much like others were going to. They were talked out of it with promises of money coming. Borners agent then had interest from Germany, proposed to club to let him leave for 'free' and borner would forgo his wages, which Hannover would pay as a signing on fee. He was lead to believe this would be accepted.

Wages were paid in full, club now wants a fee for him to leave. Borner feels lied to and let down by the club.

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

We are never ever going to get a fee for him off anybody...we shud let him go..if we cant get somebody as goid for half his wages we might as well get rid of all our scouts..if we have any

Cos we’re bursting at the seams with centre halves aren’t we ?? 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Just for clarity which option would you class as “messing it up”?

1. Refuses to let him go for free and insists on a fee for a player under contract

2. Allows him to leave for free despite being under contract?

Not that I have to clarify anything to you but they either pay a fee or he stays. 
Exactly which bit of that don’t you grasp ?