Borner Battle Burns Brightly

Can't believe he wants away.

Don't really understand the claim from Hannover, what basis do they believe the player can go for free?  Also, how are they able to talk to Borner without going through Wednesday?  I wonder if there's a clause in the Borner contract that Hannover believe they can trigger.  Speculation.

It's all a bit bizzarre.

• Like 1

Unhappy or not if he’s under contract we are more than entitled to ask for a fee for him as long as it’s reasonable. If we let him go for nowt he would need replacing and would already make a threadbare squad even thinner. Hopefully clubs and player can get together and sort it as it’s in nobody’s interests to have an unhappy player hanging around. Gut feeling is he will leave.

3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Sick to death of clubs thinking it’s a free for all with players. The man is under contract. If that clown DC messes this one up this will just about sum us up. 

Probably trying to work his exit due to unpaid wages but the fact he’s here rather than Germany scotches that argument surely.

6 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Sick to death of clubs thinking it’s a free for all with players. The man is under contract. If that clown DC messes this one up this will just about sum us up. 

Just for clarity which option would you class as “messing it up”?

1. Refuses to let him go for free and insists on a fee for a player under contract

2. Allows him to leave for free despite being under contract?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Given he’s been paid in full now, I’d imagine we’re entitled to ask for a fee.

What I don’t get is, if Borner had the chance to give notice per fifa rules, why didn't he? He’d be a Hannover player already. Or am I looking at it too simplistically? 

Not for a minute blaming him for wanting out like. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Given he’s been paid in full now, I’d imagine we’re entitled to ask for a fee.

What I don’t get is, if Borner had the chance to give notice per fifa rules, why didn't he? He’d be a Hannover player already. Or am I looking at it too simplistically?  

He may well have

my suspicion is that he did

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He may well have

my suspicion is that he did

Anyone know how that would work legally?

If he handed in his notice but then gets paid within the 14 days.

At what point does he become a free agent?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Anyone know how that would work legally?

If he handed in his notice but then gets paid within the 14 days.

At what point does he become a free agent?

I think even if he has, and chansiri has paid it to legally stop him, that Borner looks to just have now had enough of it all

Can't see any way he will stay now

It's in nobodys interests to force him to

If Chansiri can get any cash for him then that would be best

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

If he wants to go then we should let him. We’re hardly going to get much of a fee given he’s only got one year on his contract. But you just know we’ll

end up keeping an unhappy player for a season and let him go for free anyway?

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Just for clarity which option would you class as “messing it up”?

1. Refuses to let him go for free and insists on a fee for a player under contract

2. Allows him to leave for free despite being under contract?

We are never ever going to get a fee for him off anybody...we shud let him go..if we cant get somebody as goid for half his wages we might as well get rid of all our scouts..if we have any

If the player wants to leave, his responsibility to hand in a transfer request and the clubs can negotiate a fee. Chansiri needs to be sensible with fee expectations though and conclude a deal asap. Seems a lot of fuss over whats likely to be a couple of hundred grand fee though, should be a relatively straightforward deal to do.

• Like 3