ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

1 hour ago, scram said:

He didn't play politics

He fed staving kids

The man is a f*cking hero

100%.

This is the problem with a large proportion of our MPs, unfortunately - to them it is all a f*cking game, as the consequences of their decisions don't affect their day-to-day lives.

• Like 2

Have to say a lot of the positivity I felt about a great tournament and a magnificent England campaign are ebbing away pretty quickly today.

The abuse for the three lads that missed is as depressing as it is inevitable. What a hideous way to lose, they're now set to get singled out for God knows how long. Almost wish we'd lost in extra time to avoid that. 

The scenes around Wembley looked grim too. 

As for the game itself - I'm not inclined to criticise Southgate particularly heavily, we controlled the first half brilliantly. The Italians adjusted after the break, we didn't, that's the way it goes sometimes. Think managers everywhere will have noted that bringing people on solely to take penalties is a tactic that doesn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I know pens are now engrained in football matches where a result has to be achieved on the night but is there a better way?

I like the idea of playing on with each team taking two players off every 7 mins until someone scores. The side starting on more cards could be made to start with one less player for the first 7mins to help eradicate some of the cynical shîthousery that goes on. Would be interesting and would be brilliant if it got down to two players on the pitch!

Rock paper scissors.

The stuff on social media is horrible, but if you go on there are so many more sending out love and condolences.

It's just the crappy comments get attention, which is all they want. Put on a couple of messages to them to say well bloody done, and they should be proud. Hopefully another voice of positivity will drown out the cess of an ugly minority.

• Like 2

This from a now former "comedian" - unless the tories want a stand up for their conference...

image.png.6e73c788887c40610edc2d85a950969b.png

But that wasn't enough - he had to double down

image.thumb.png.88756f6eface78f33f977059d1d6fccd.png

But didn't go as he obviously thought it would and scuttled off like the coward he is

image.thumb.png.08220b7dda15cdaef246cfa8faf7e0f9.png

And words have consequences...

image.png.88d9784eeaf73b7195204194af54938d.png

Most of his upcoming tour cancelled within a couple of hours

He probably dreamed of trending on twitter - but not for being a racist c*nt...

Edited by scram
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, scram said:

This from a now former "comedian" - unless the tories want a stand up for their conference...

But didn't go as he obviously thought it would and scuttled off like the coward he is

what an absolute jeb end. 

18 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Feels like expose a racist day.

I'm just waiting for 'Virtuous signalling' for the bingo win.

@S36 OWL what is your opinions on the vile racist abuse?

Considering you are never offended by nowt.

Should the players just insult them back and thats it sorted. As you suggested as a solution to someone getting homophobic abuse.

Can you imagine, as a young man, walking up to take a penalty in a European Cup final, or any big game. That walk from the half way line, with the anticipaton of the fans in the stadium, the millions watching on TV and the weight of expectatin of an entire nation on your shoulders, for one single kick of a ball.

Now imagine that from now on, youve got even more pressure, knowing full well that if you miss you will be riddiculed and hounded with hatred all over social media. 

Why would any footballer want to take that walk?

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

And I won't slate em for it. Theyve tried to take a good penalty, stuttered run up, trying to trick keeper into diving so you can go the other way, its bolłocks! Decide where you're putting the ball, step up and hit it. 

Absolutely agree 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Can you imagine, as a young man, walking up to take a penalty in a European Cup final, or any big game. That walk from the half way line, with the anticipaton of the fans in the stadium, the millions watching on TV and the weight of expectatin of an entire nation on your shoulders, for one single kick of a ball.

Now imagine that from now on, youve got even more pressure, knowing full well that if you miss you will be riddiculed and hounded with hatred all over social media. 

Why would any footballer want to take that walk?

As a 19 year old.

It's taken a few years but now I fully understand why some players arnt interesting in playing for England.  There's a serious amount of bllsht attached to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Have to say a lot of the positivity I felt about a great tournament and a magnificent England campaign are ebbing away pretty quickly today.

The abuse for the three lads that missed is as depressing as it is inevitable. What a hideous way to lose, they're now set to get singled out for God knows how long. Almost wish we'd lost in extra time to avoid that. 

The scenes around Wembley looked grim too. 

As for the game itself - I'm not inclined to criticise Southgate particularly heavily, we controlled the first half brilliantly. The Italians adjusted after the break, we didn't, that's the way it goes sometimes. Think managers everywhere will have noted that bringing people on solely to take penalties is a tactic that doesn't work.

I'm with you on this, don't quite know what's happened in the last 24 hours seems the countries gone bonkers (well more so than usual, anyway). 

I just don't get why people keep on tolerating the nonesense on twitter. If everyone who was genuinely offended by the biggots decided to swerve that cesspit of a platform, they'd be forced into doing something meaningful about what goes on on there. Complaining about the bigots on the very platform that allows the bigots to spout their filth is like pouring petrol on to a fire. 

Boycott it in a meaningful way and watch how quickly they clean up their act.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scram said:

I hope his entire career just immediately finishes here and now - ZERO bookings from now on for him - and he has to go back to working in a supermarket alongside black people and see what happens to him then

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop