ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Oh I agree.

I don't think a high intensity sporting tournament should be held there.

But it's the same for all teams.

Sadly,we've just got to get on with it now like all the others.Potentially, i can see a new name on the WC come Dec 2022.

• Like 1

Hopefully we will finally learn the lesson of going for the kill rather than sitting back inviting pressure. Overall we have done well in this tournament but it could have been so much better.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's progression.

10 major finals for Italy.

This was our second.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to let that stop me being optimistic for the future.

If you don't wanna put it into context then fine 

I'm happy for you

Keep happy...

• Thanks 1

People can say it's a great achievement but Germany aside who did we beat to get to the final?

The team we had should have done way better 

Gorgeous gaz is just a serial bottler 

Come up against a good team and he is clueless 

Netherlands In the nations league

Belgium twice in the world cup

Italy tonight 

All end in defeat

Why would you let 2 players take a crucial penalty who haven't touched the ball In anger all tournament 

Rashfords penalty was a disgrace

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Got to laugh at the Irish giving rice stick on twitter ...ffs this is a nation that has full of English rejects trying to help them out to make any sort of side yet they get upset when rice ( and delaney of denmark) choose to go with a more successful team....also their best evert time in a tournament was bcz an English manager took them there fkin halfwit cnts

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

People can say it's a great achievement but Germany aside who did we beat to get to the final?

The team we had should have done way better 

Gorgeous gaz is just a serial bottler 

Come up against a good team and he is clueless 

Netherlands In the nations league

Belgium twice in the world cup

Italy tonight 

All end in defeat

Why would you let 2 players take a crucial penalty who haven't touched the ball In anger all tournament 

Rashfords penalty was a disgrace

Okay let me start ....we first of all beat Croatia ( World Cup runners up) 

Cz rep ( who knocked out Netherlands, Germany ( who hammered the euro champions )  Denmark who are a solid side .

Italy were lucky v Austria and Spain .

These types are arguments are pointless ...we got to the final regardless

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

Either way, just come on or played 90plus minutes, its one kick from 12 yards for someone who kicks a ball for a living. 

Just put your fuckïn laces through it! Stuttered run up n trying to be clever has effectively cost England the trophy. Rashford scores his and for me its a different story, less pressure on young uns after him n pickford saved enough to win it. 

Lesson from this, don't prïck about with penalties! 

Stuart Pearce 

Chris Waddle 

both tried that 

Southgate has got England to the last four of each of his last two tournaments, thats a huge improvement on every manager in the last 55 years. 

If he does the same in his next two, the laws of averages say hel win one.

Thats a HUGE step forward for the national side,and massive step in the right direction 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Southgate has got England to the last four of each of his last two tournaments, thats a huge improvement on every manager in the last 55 years. 

Thats a HUGE step forward for the national side,and massive step in the right direction 

Spot on.Massive improvement from 2016 especially the Iceland Fiasco under Woy Hodgson. 4 years on and it's still cringworthy especially his post match Interview.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Post.

We've got this next year.

2 hours ago, Furious George said:

Devastated. Broken. Hurting. But we get up, and we carry on, and we take it on the chin and get ready for next season.

We do have fans like this knocking around though. Makes me embarrassed they share the Wednesday tag.

Screenshot_20210712-014918_Chrome.jpg

Saw this and joined in. 

Him and every virtue signalling right wing journo can kindly, jump off a bridge. 

That England squad showed spirit and a togetherness that has been rare in an increasingly nasty UK.

thats the 3rd england game ive fallen asleep watching , complete bore fest watching southgates tactics , only 3 players started who aint defensive says it all, 1 shot in 120 mins. should have attacked those 36 year old defenders ,never get the southgate love , fancy letting a young kid take last min who has never took a pen ever. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

He's done so by playing a brand of football which is effective rather than world beating. We are at least avoiding the embarassments and the early departures, but I just get the feeling that in the big games against the best teams we're going to get found out; our caution will become our downfall.

• Like 1

Bad luck England, Italy grew into the game and were closest to win, but when it went to penalties it was all bingo.

However, Southgate sending on Sancho and Rashford in 119th was odd.... cold players with no match in them, fresh from the bench simply to take a penalty, what an insane pressure. And same for inexperienced 19 yo Saka to be given that 5th penalty... odd decisions. But still, even cool players like Jorginho missed, and shootouts can go either way.

But England were in a final again, they've done incredibly well, and next year is WC and they should stick with this plan and root out some kinks and hopefully come back stronger, on an even greater stage. Something is building up!

• Like 2