ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok mate 

At the moment I’m watching Twitter crucifying the young players because of that thought process 

Worst thing for England fans right now is to go on Facebook or Twitter etc… This is just about bearable lol 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

A semi final at the world cup puts you into an elite group.

A final placing at the euros is definitely a serious challenge.

You have to put into context around the opposition - basically any "serious" team on earth would have been delirious to have our passage

We played one decent team at home and got schooled

I've seen this so many times no matter how optimistic some may be

This is what we do

We weren't beaten by a better team

We surrendered before kick off

How many saves did their keeper make?

We blew it

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I'm annoyed we looked like we were happy to take it to pens. We had a home crowd, just go for it, if we lose its because they were better than us.

Think I need to sleep on it, plus I'm ridiculously hungover so annoyed anyway.

Got to a final, been a great 4 weeks tbf.

It reminded me of many Wednesday matches over the years, where we got a goal and then decided to stop playing and try to contain the opposition, with too much time on the clock.  Then we you need to step it back up, once the opposition has scored, you have lost too much momentum and its difficult to get going. 

I think we should have had them on the ropes for the whole of the first half.  We didn't

• Like 5

1 minute ago, scram said:

You have to put into context around the opposition - basically any "serious" team on earth would have been delirious to have our passage

We played one decent team at home and got schooled

I've seen this so many times no matter how optimistic some may be

This is what we do

We weren't beaten by a better team

We surrendered before kick off

How many saves did their keeper make?

We blew it

It's progression.

10 major finals for Italy.

This was our second.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to let that stop me being optimistic for the future.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The lads who missed - the stuff some are posting on their social media feed is the worst I’ve seen 

You wonder if the Italian players would have been subject to the same level of criticism on social media had they lost on penalties… It makes me ashamed to be English sometimes, they have done nothing but make the country proud and you look at the work the likes of Rashford have done off the field. Unfortunately that will have been forgotten in the blink of an eye. 

Come on england we will return stronger from this, the quality and the fight is there

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

You wonder if the Italian players would have been subject to the same level of criticism on social media had they lost on penalties… It makes me ashamed to be English sometimes, they have done nothing but make the country proud and you look at the work the likes of Rashford have done off the field. Unfortunately that will have been forgotten in the blink of an eye. 

Come on england we will return stronger from this, the quality and the fight is there

Arseholes on social media are the same all over the world.

Just don't go on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Every Oppotunity of doing that. Qatar World Cup is round about 18 months time. Tbf, i think it's going to be a lot more difficult that Euro 20/21.

38 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Never mind.  

There's always the Papa John's.

Yeah.

Also quite a bit of cricket to come this summer.

Got tickets T20 v Pakistan at Headingly.

Cricket's coming home?

Edited by Rev Owl

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Every Oppotunity of doing that. Qatar World Cup is round about 18 months time. Tbf, i think it's going to be a lot more difficult that Euro 20/21.

Why?

The days of ginger freckly players suffering in the heat are long gone.

They've promised air conditioning.

6 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Arseholes on social media are the same all over the world.

Just don't go on.

Not just social media though is it some of our so called fans were behaving like animals today 

• Like 1

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Why?

The days of ginger freckly players suffering in the heat are long gone.

They've promised air conditioning.

Even with Air Conditioning it's still going be challenging, Because in the unlikely event of the Air Conditioning not functioning at 100%, then problems could arise.The Organisers will have given that some thought and planned for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Even with Air Conditioning it's still going be challenging, Because in the unlikely event of the Air Conditioning not functioning at 100%, then problems could arise.The Organisers will have given that some thought and planned for it.

Yes I agree that it could be challenging but I'm a bit confused about why it would impact England anymore than others?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Yes I agree that it could be challenging but I'm a bit confused about why it would impact England anymore than others?

i suppose one area that could i think of that could have an possible impact is the amount of fluids that players will have to drink even in air conditioned stadiums.

Just now, parkfieldowl14 said:

i suppose one area that could i think of that could have an possible impact is the amount of fluids that players will have to drink even in air conditioned stadiums.

Oh I agree.

I don't think a high intensity sporting tournament should be held there.

But it's the same for all teams.

• Like 1