ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

I feel a bit flat right now but I don’t understand the negativity. I’ve never felt more connected to an England team. Yes I’d like to have seen us change something at halftime and BS wouldn’t have been my filth penalty taker but it’s fine margins and we are up there competing with the best again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Just now, Morepork said:

I feel a bit flat right now but I don’t understand the negativity. I’ve never felt more connected to an England team. Yes I’d like to have seen us change something at halftime and BS wouldn’t have been my filth penalty taker but it’s fine margins and we are up there competing with the best again. 

100%

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

You think this German team is as strong as recent ones?

You think this winning Italian team would beat the prime Spanish team with iniesta, xavi etc?

I certainly don’t.

They would wipe the floor with England's 'Golden Generation' team though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Listening to his post match interview, I'm not sure Southgate will be leading us in the World Cup. He also took responsibility for the penalties, saying he chose the takers and the order they took them.

Am I the only one who thought Southgate bottled that final…England rarely saw the ball after half time until the second period of extra time. Why the hell wasn’t Grealish brought on at 60 minutes? Far too cautious to win it , if you’ve got round the Italian defence on the flanks a few times why not press home the advantage? And if the two centre backs are ancient why was no one making life difficult for them? Disappointing way to finish a very successful tournament.

Thought Luke Shaw and Kyle Walker were immense in all the games they were involved in, real power houses in attack and defence, and Declan Rice tonight had a great first half…but alas the potential match winners went missing again.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What was said?

I was in the garden and a bit of hay fever caught up with me.

He was asked about taking the team to the the World Cup now and he said I don't know, I have to reflect on things in the coming days. He was obviously gutted but I'm not sure he seemed up for it anymore. 

• Thanks 1

Also I will just make the point that none of the Southgate haters we are reading said a single word of criticism before tonight 

Yet now it’s all Southgate’s crap, the tournament was weak etc etc 

But before tonight?

Not a dicky bird 

Have a word with yourself captain hindsight and the Retrospectives

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We nearly won the Euros

We only didn’t because of a penalty save 

So we lost 

And you know what

|'m f*cked if i'm gonna get into a troll fest

So fill yer boots 

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Spot on.

Gutted, deflated but the whole tournament went better than I expected for us.

Anyway, there's always the new season to look forward to now for Wednesday.

FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Its the frustration of knowing we have the potential but not realising it by being conservative and cautious. Release the hounds for once

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

He was asked about taking the team to the the World Cup now and he said I don't know, I have to reflect on things in the coming days. He was obviously gutted but I'm not sure he seemed up for it anymore. 

He's human.

Once he's cleared his head I hope he gets down to planning the world cup campaign.

The cross we've had before him makes me shudder.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

Am I the only one who thought Southgate bottled that final…England rarely saw the ball after half time until the second period of extra time. Why the hell wasn’t Grealish brought on at 60 minutes? Far too cautious to win it , if you’ve got round the Italian defence on the flanks a few times why not press home the advantage? And if the two centre backs are ancient why was no one making life difficult for them? Disappointing way to finish a very successful tournament.

Thought Luke Shaw and Kyle Walker were immense in all the games they were involved in, real power houses in attack and defence, and Declan Rice tonight had a great first half…but alas the potential match winners went missing again.

Yes Kane and Sterling were the big disappointments tonight. Also Mount didn't do much and the game was crying out for Grealish a lot earlier, I would have liked him on at half time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, scram said:

So we lost 

And you know what

|'m f*cked if i'm gonna get into a troll fest

So fill yer boots 

Ah the old ‘troll’ thing when someone proves your argument to be ridiculous 

Whats next? That I’m doing it for clicks?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We will just get our team and hop back in time in the Tardis to play them then shall we ffs

Why would we do that? We couldn’t get the ball off an Italy team that’s far weaker for 118 minutes so we would have no chance against against them.