New Keepers and Strikers

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

I thought a lot of the young kids looked promising to be fair.

I completely agree, promise defiinitely there. I was just commenting on the LB situation as seen as an urgent priority given the GK and strikers situation.

We need

Goalkeeper 

Left back

Centre back

2 Centre mid

Attacking midfielder 

2 strikers 

Sign them then get one of the keeps sold/loaned 

Bannan,Paterson and windass sold 

Alot of work to do but if we get it done we can start to build the club back up 

Time to get rid of the rubbish and build for the future 

• Like 1

One thing I seem to remember about league one is that it will be a much more physical league, teams will have big strikers and CB’s that for corners etc put a lot of pressure on goalkeepers. We need a strong keeper, someone that can take charge of the box and come through players to claim the ball. Can Dawson or Wildsmith do that?  

1 hour ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I don't believe that we have two bad keepers. What we have are two inconsistant keepers, both have thier faults but can be good on the day. We have to relise that we are now a L1 team, both of our keepers are at L1 standard.

But they are on championship wages... Unsustainable but about right for our club

We will get new keeper & strikers..........

............at some unspecified point in the future!

38 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

ok so Maurice say we get senior (old) keep on loan this year .. you will see soon

these will rotate and 2 keeper share number 1

you will not see new keeper sign perminant

Who's Maurice mate?

• Haha 1

Low. We could do as recently, sign someone who never really recovered from injury and hope they come good, or a youth player released by their club and hope the other club either misjudged it or didn’t feel like keeping a Div 1 quality forward on their books in the hope someone would pay a couple of hundred thousand for him in a year or two. Or buy someone who has looked good at a lower level, but previously been passed over

No way the club is going to be able to bring in anyone who has regularly scored 15+ goals a season at this level.

8 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s scary that you could cut and paste this thread into any of the last three transfer windows. 

There was a thread, a few seasons ago, I forget when but certainly during DCs reign which discussed the need for strategy and forward planning.

I and others were told in no uncertain terms that SWFC would be all over it and to suggest that there wasn't strategic thinking going on was foolishness on our part.

Mmmmmm....