New Keepers and Strikers

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You sir have hot the nail on the head.

My question would be though, how much of the above will actually happen ??

Totally agree.

Recent history doesn't instil confidence does it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

You sir have hot the nail on the head.

My question would be though, how much of the above will actually happen ??

Well we will find out presumable work has been going on behind the scenes to sign players, now we are able to. I would be expecting some players being announce this week.

Unless of course we are now only just starting to recruit and that would leave us very short for the preseason games and the season that start for us in just 24 days.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Well we will find out presumable work has been going on behind the scenes to sign players, now we are able to. I would be expecting some players being announce this week.

Unless of course we are now only just starting to recruit and that would leave us very short for the preseason games and the season that start for us in just 24 days.

See you would expect so but recent history makes me think the second part is more likely. 

54 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Would be good to try and beat Ipswich to the loan signing of Sam Cosgrove, as he'd score a decent amount in League 1...even if Windass goes and we get cash and Cosgrove on loan.

Think Charlton have picked up the best goalkeeping freebie from Portsmouth, and if a other keeper comes in will probably be a loan....Josh Griffiths still hasn't gone anywhere on loan, so perhaps we might finally be able to get that done. 

Christian Walton at Brighton may be a good loan signing loads of league one and championship experience but not played much in the last 12 months as is back up to Brighton's other keepers.

Dawson and Wildsmith are fine for League one.

People moaning about them after we've just played Celtic, a team who would be mid table in the premier league is grade A flouncing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

People moaning about them after we've just played Celtic, a team who would be mid table in the premier league is grade A flouncing.

Their first team would but not the kids they put out that just beat us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0742 said:

no, people are moaning about them because they haven’t been good enough for the last few seasons. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

no, people are moaning about them because they haven’t been good enough for the last few seasons. 

Yes, when we were in the championship. Which is also when everyone demanded we loan them out to develop.....to a league one club.

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

Yes, when we were in the championship. Which is also when everyone demanded we loan them out to develop.....to a league one club.

They are poor at the fundamentals of being a keeper, that won’t change just because we go down a league. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s scary that you could cut and paste this thread into any of the last three transfer windows. 

I've covered it during the last three transfer windows. Trouble is the club hierarchy are incapable of accepting that I have more of a clue than they have.

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

I doubt we'll get new keepers.  The two have been deemed, rightly or wrongly, to be good enough to be Championship le

After watching yesterdays performance both are about Sunday league standard at best.

If we stick with these two we're in for a hard time.

53 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I've covered it during the last three transfer windows. Trouble is the club hierarchy are incapable of accepting that I have more of a clue than they have.

Maybe we should start a petition to get you a job at the club? Your role could be to smack anyone in the recruitment team around the head every day they haven’t recruited a decent keeper or striker. And if they haven’t done it because of funds you can escalate the slap right up to the Chairman until, it’s done. Radical I know but I’d bet it would work…