BREAKING NEWS - Sheffield Wednesday Embargo LIFTED

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still having to work under some restrictions according to Dom. 

I think that's misleading from Dom. I think he's referring to the League One salary cap rules as described by Peter here.

• Like 1

Just now, swfcGibbo said:

I think that's misleading from Dom. I think he's referring to the League One salary cap rules as described by Peter here.

Spot on every club in league one is working under some restrictions.

Good news? well, yes it is in the reality of it all. But, let's not forget, we haven't done anything special here as if it's some kind of reward. 

Just play by the bloody rules, submit on time, pay wages on time. 

But, yes, good news.

Sign a keeper ASAP.

2 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

That was what the Disciplinary committee concluded and was why we only got a fine.

Yeah because the EFL were over the moon with that decision, they're only biding their time to come down on Derby with their resubmitted accounts.  I'm well aware we've got no right to take the moral high ground with financial matters but Derby knew full well what they were doing.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you have that attitude you can't expect clubs like Middlesboro to do you any favours for YOUR club

It's how life works

Sorry to have offended, but in the cut throat business that is football these days, I don't believe any club is into doing any other club any favours. Just the way I see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Sorry to have offended, but in the cut throat business that is football these days, I don't believe any club is into doing any other club any favours. Just the way I see it.

Aye fair mate 

I think as football fans we should be looking for the whole of football to improve, change and succeed

This whole cutthroat side of the game is killing it

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Great news, but can we now have a sustainable transfer policy and not spaff a load of money on the next Jordan Rhodes, David Jones, Urby Emmanuelson, Joost Van Aken, Almen Abdi plz.

THIS!

I really, really hope that we change our ways and sign players who are ambitious and potential sell on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye fair mate 

I think as football fans we should be looking for the whole of football to improve, change and succeed

This whole cutthroat side of the game is killing it

Could not agree more.

13 hours ago, alanharper said:

They've overspend by loads. I'm surprised that Stoke aren't on the list, they've made huge losses after "doing a Villa" and spending silly money on fees and wages since they came down. Bit maybe that won't show until next year, they'll probably get promoted to squirm out of it like Villa did. 

Don't forget they've had three years of failure payments to help them spend, spend ,spend.