Jump to content

Championship Operating Losses 19/20 Season


Recommended Posts

Woah, hang on. Middlesbrough. But Gibson is the patron saint of football honesty. The overseer of all bad things. How can they have lost more than us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Woah, hang on. Middlesbrough. But Gibson is the patron saint of football honesty. The overseer of all bad things. How can they have lost more than us?

 

 

We sold our stadium

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How much of that is spending a ridiculous amount on player wages, and how much other expenses? Wages of other staff can't be much, most new players were on free transfers, and I don't know how much might be paid in interest on debts, so I expect the majority of the loss is wages. How much does that mean the club is paying? 40m? 50m? It's probably somewhere in the accounts I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

We sold our stadium

And still lost 30 million?

ive lost track of which season we sold the fecker now its shifted about so much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It can't. Things have to change.

But we've been saying that for years now and it hasn't changed, it's just got worse and those figures are pre-covid!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit misleading those results. Some clubs are being quoted before player trading and some after player trading.

 

Not really apples for apples, as usual with Mr Maguire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

But we've been saying that for years now and it hasn't changed, it's just got worse and those figures are pre-covid!

Yes we have agreed. It's insane. The question is, how many clubs will have to go out of business for people to wake up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes we have agreed. It's insane. The question is, how many clubs will have to go out of business for people to wake up?

Sadly, too many. Just pray we aren't one of them, although in a strange way being out of the immediate rat race to get to the EPL may help us get on a much sounder financial footing, in which case I would happily take a few seasons in L1.

 

Who knows, by that time if the games finances have largely reset we might be in a better position to compete at a higher level?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Sadly, too many. Just pray we aren't one of them, although in a strange way being out of the immediate rat race to get to the EPL may help us get on a much sounder financial footing, in which case I would happily take a few seasons in L1.

 

Who knows, by that time if the games finances have largely reset we might be in a better position to compete at a higher level?

Good points and agree that, counter intuitively, the spell in league one might just finally drive us towards a financially sustainable model.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Good points and agree that, counter intuitively, the spell in league one might just finally drive us towards a financially sustainable model.

 

 

That's my biggest hope

 

  • Like 4

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Bit misleading those results. Some clubs are being quoted before player trading and some after player trading.

 

Not really apples for apples, as usual with Mr Maguire.

We don't do any player trading so it makes no difference to us.lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...