Championship Operating Losses 19/20 Season

How much of that is spending a ridiculous amount on player wages, and how much other expenses? Wages of other staff can't be much, most new players were on free transfers, and I don't know how much might be paid in interest on debts, so I expect the majority of the loss is wages. How much does that mean the club is paying? 40m? 50m? It's probably somewhere in the accounts I guess

28 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It can't. Things have to change.

But we've been saying that for years now and it hasn't changed, it's just got worse and those figures are pre-covid!

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan

Bit misleading those results. Some clubs are being quoted before player trading and some after player trading.

Not really apples for apples, as usual with Mr Maguire.

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes we have agreed. It's insane. The question is, how many clubs will have to go out of business for people to wake up?

Sadly, too many. Just pray we aren't one of them, although in a strange way being out of the immediate rat race to get to the EPL may help us get on a much sounder financial footing, in which case I would happily take a few seasons in L1.

Who knows, by that time if the games finances have largely reset we might be in a better position to compete at a higher level?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Sadly, too many. Just pray we aren't one of them, although in a strange way being out of the immediate rat race to get to the EPL may help us get on a much sounder financial footing, in which case I would happily take a few seasons in L1.

Who knows, by that time if the games finances have largely reset we might be in a better position to compete at a higher level?

Good points and agree that, counter intuitively, the spell in league one might just finally drive us towards a financially sustainable model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Bit misleading those results. Some clubs are being quoted before player trading and some after player trading.

Not really apples for apples, as usual with Mr Maguire.

We don't do any player trading so it makes no difference to us.lol