Hillsborough Parkive – new project launched

Thought this may be of interest to some people on here – a new project has been launched to collect stories, pictures and memories of Hillsborough Park past and present, to build a new community archive.

The contributions, alongside official historical documents and images, will be used to create a permanent timeline exhibition which will adorn the walls of the Age UK Sheffield Coach House Cafe when it opens, and also to bring the characters from history to life in an outdoor performance in the park later in the year.

You can share your story by visiting hillsboroughparkive.co.uk or pick up a postcard from Hillsborough Library and drop it into the Parkive Postbox, designed by local artist Samantha Groom, during library opening hours.

Throughout the summer you will be able to take part in creative workshops and pop-up events, and those with an appetite for drama will be able to sign up to join the community cast for the performance.

This is the first project being run by RivelinCo, a new neighbourhood arts centre without walls which is based in Hillsborough. Their programme takes place in parks, supermarkets, community centres, high streets, car parks, empty shops, libraries, schools, and care homes – temporarily transforming them into theatres, galleries, workshops, classrooms and forums. You can find out more about them and sign up to their mailing list here: https://www.rivelinco.org/ or you can find them on social media @RivelinCo

DISCLAIMER: RivelinCo has been set up by my partner, but I hope it's OK for me to post about it as I figure there are plenty of people with fascinating stories about/interest in the park on here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlueandWhiteOwl said:

Thought this may be of interest to some people on here – a new project has been launched to collect stories, pictures and memories of Hillsborough Park past and present, to build a new community archive.

The contributions, alongside official historical documents and images, will be used to create a permanent timeline exhibition which will adorn the walls of the Age UK Sheffield Coach House Cafe when it opens, and also to bring the characters from history to life in an outdoor performance in the park later in the year.

You can share your story by visiting hillsboroughparkive.co.uk or pick up a postcard from Hillsborough Library and drop it into the Parkive Postbox, designed by local artist Samantha Groom, during library opening hours.

Throughout the summer you will be able to take part in creative workshops and pop-up events, and those with an appetite for drama will be able to sign up to join the community cast for the performance.

This is the first project being run by RivelinCo, a new neighbourhood arts centre without walls which is based in Hillsborough. Their programme takes place in parks, supermarkets, community centres, high streets, car parks, empty shops, libraries, schools, and care homes – temporarily transforming them into theatres, galleries, workshops, classrooms and forums. You can find out more about them and sign up to their mailing list here: https://www.rivelinco.org/ or you can find them on social media @RivelinCo

DISCLAIMER: RivelinCo has been set up by my partner, but I hope it's OK for me to post about it as I figure there are plenty of people with fascinating stories about/interest in the park on here.

It's 100% definitely ok to post on here - thank you for posting it!

Owlstalk Shop

The FREE event linked to this is almost sold out but there are still some tickets for 1pm on Sunday, October 10. (There are also some left for 3pm on Saturday 9 but presumably you'll all be at the match that day.)

It's an outdoor promenade performance and journey through time in Hillsborough Park – you can get more information and book on the Eventbrite page.

• Like 2