Daniel Day Lewis

20 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

You know that even method actors usually make their call times, don’t you? 😂

At least with method acting there is a reason for them being the way they are. Look at the likes of Bruce Willis who is apparently a constant tail on set (and often misses call times!) and arsey with people all the time without the excuse of it being for the role.

Look imagine if you were in The Hulk with Ed Norton and every time you got near him he goes ‘hulk smash’ and wacks you in the gut, but Ang Lee says don’t worry about this-he’s method acting

have you seen the documentary about Jim Carey being a complete tail method acting as Andy Kaufman? 

I met someone that was in a short film with Vic Reeves of all people- they weren’t allowed to look or speak to him “because he is method acting”

look at him that played invisible man with Elizabeth Moss? Well don’t look at him or you’d get fired because he’s method acting? You just had to pretend you didn’t know about him and then he starts fiddling with the hairs on the back of your neck and even though you know what he’s up to you just had to let him creep up on you. Out of order imo

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Look imagine if you were in The Hulk with Ed Norton and every time you got near him he goes ‘hulk smash’ and wacks you in the gut, but Ang Lee says don’t worry about this-he’s method acting 

Yeah I just imagined that

Would be mad that 

Like proper mad

I've been imagining it loads since you posted that and it's just bad innit for actors to do hulk smash into your gut

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

look at him that played invisible man with Elizabeth Moss? Well don’t look at him or you’d get fired because he’s method acting? You just had to pretend you didn’t know about him and then he starts fiddling with the hairs on the back of your neck and even though you know what he’s up to you just had to let him creep up on you. Out of order imo

I honestly think I love you for posting this

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I don’t really give a crap about method acting. All I know is that There Will Be Blood is my favourite film of all time, and that Daniel Day-Lewis put on an absolute acting masterclass in that role. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

I don’t really give a crap about method acting. All I know is that There Will Be Blood is my favourite film of all time, and that Daniel Day-Lewis put on an absolute acting masterclass in that role. 

Yeah but it would have been better (WAY WAAY WAY Better) if he'd done hulk smash into the other actors gut

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

54 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

So you're telling me that you don't give a crap about it being a hot summer's day in what looks like an oil field in Texas, with heat you've never worked in before as an Englishman- you're filming "there will be blood" and Daniel Day Lewis is the lead actor and you get yourself a nice cold milkshake, nurishment because it's basically a meal and you're low on funds, but you smart it up with ice etc in a nice glass, next minute Daniel Day Lewis sits besides you with HIS OWN straw and he starts drinking your f'in milkshake, you're fuming, you're grab his neck but security take you out "he tried to drink my milkshake" "what do you mean he tried to drink your milkshake???!! he's method acting you simpleton, have you not read the script?! seriously man me and you are done professionally" and you would supposedly be in the wrong. 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

you get yourself a nice cold milkshake, nurishment because it's basically a meal and you're low on funds 

I honestly just did a wee

I really just genuinely did a bit of wee

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Once, I visited the location shoots of one of the Nightmare on Elm Street films with a mate of mine.

The director called cut and Robert Englund walked over and straight up murdered my mate, who had dozed off sat in the chair next to me.

I turned to Wes Craven to complain but before I could get a word out he just shouted "METHOD ACTING, MAN!" and yeah, I felt so silly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I was once on the set of Star Wars, during a break, and Mark Hamill tried to chop me up with his lightsaber! It's OK though, he was method acting.

Alright DARTH... calm down calm down

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Once, I visited the location shoots of one of the Nightmare on Elm Street films with a mate of mine.

The director called cut and Robert Englund walked over and straight up murdered my mate, who had dozed off sat in the chair next to me.

I turned to Wes Craven to complain but before I could get a word out he just shouted "METHOD ACTING, MAN!" and yeah, I felt so silly.

I think it’s completely out of order mate

in the 1800s your favourite actor is was like a football team 

“my favourite actor can play Shakespeare roles better”

It caused riots! 31 people once died!

in the 100 years we will look at method actors as obscene as we do the acting scene in the 1800s

• Haha 1

On 09/07/2021 at 18:08, malek said:

Hope that any day I will cum across muck actress that is method acting... 

Fixed it for you mate 

• Haha 2

On 12/07/2021 at 21:44, whatdial said:

Best DDL film last of the mohicans for me. Love it.

not sure there were any milkshakes on set though. 

Never seen it

On 12/07/2021 at 21:44, whatdial said:

Best DDL film last of the mohicans for me. Love it.

not sure there were any milkshakes on set though. 

Whilst he was preparing for that role he was living in the woods behind our house.  Just used to creep about at the bottom of the garden and we all had to pretend he was being super stealthy and we couldn't see him, or he would get really mad and start waving this massive Bowie knife about.

We wouldn't have minded so much except he used to trample all the flower beds and then one night he shot our pet cat with a flintlock musket and started wearing it like a hat.  We finally had to hire some of those pan pipe buskers off a street corner to pretend to be a rival tribe and chase him off their 'territory'.

Bloody method actors.

• Haha 2