Darren Moore on losing Shaw and Urghoghide

DM didn’t really have a chance to look at either of them and decide whether they were good enough

the other managerial appointments made by Chansiri, and Chansiri himself, are entirely to blame for letting them run down their contracts 

bonkers business strategy tbh 

constantly going ‘WTAF’ where this club is concerned atm 

• Like 1

The subject is galling 

But I have to say I get more impressed by Moore the more I hear from him

And by those comments I would suggest he has already performed a miracle by seemingly wrestling some control from Chansiri 

• Like 2

Just now, Basement Jack said:

The subject is galling 

But I have to say I get more impressed by Moore the more I hear from him

And by those comments I would suggest he has already performed a miracle by seemingly wrestling some control from Chansiri 

Definitely 👍

Owlstalk Shop

Fair enough, I do like Moore and a lot more confident with him at the club and having the trust of Chansiri to take more control.

He knows what he is doing and can try to educate Chansiri out of his schoolboy errors. 

Obviously there will have been talks between DM and DC. I suspect that DM has pressed on the Chairman the importance of the academy and getting as many players through it and in to the first team as possible and more importantly looking after their and the club’s interest where the all important line in his interview comes from?

I can see DM being here for quite a while and getting the opportunity to build the club from top to bottom. DC is craving with a manager the kind of relationship he had with CC. If as seems likely he gets it with DM, he won’t be as quick to listen to the fans should they turn on DM?

Personally I think it’s time for stability in the managers chair and I think DM can provide this?

• Like 2

Darren Moore is a class act. Huge respect. He has dignity, integrity, professionalism and honesty in spades. It is clear why young professionals want to play for him. 

I will also say this. Shaw and Urgy would have been better footballers had they stayed here under Moore and Williams.

• Like 2

I hope we can give DM some time if things take a while to gel in league one?

I imagine if we get off to a bad start that there might be a temptation to want him out but I really hope we can give him a chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

Obviously there will have been talks between DM and DC. I suspect that DM has pressed on the Chairman the importance of the academy and getting as many players through it and in to the first team as possible and more importantly looking after their and the club’s interest where the all important line in his interview comes from?

I can see DM being here for quite a while and getting the opportunity to build the club from top to bottom. DC is craving with a manager the kind of relationship he had with CC. If as seems likely he gets it with DM, he won’t be as quick to listen to the fans should they turn on DM?

Personally I think it’s time for stability in the managers chair and I think DM can provide this?

Jackpot Jim, well said.

• Thanks 1

I think Urghoghide especially needed a season at League One. Shaw's versatility means he could be a decent utility player at Championship level.

Urghoghide is raw and needs a full season at this level. I think if it wasn't for the wage shambles then we could have had a better chance at persuading him to stay. It's a shame but at the moment there's a huge free transfer market of young talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

from Osaze

"He admits Wednesday skipper Barry Bannan helped to sell him on a switch to Parkhead this summer."

Cheers Bazza? really tells you something then your skipper is telling your youngsters to jump ship 🙂

don't blame him though 

From reading what Moore has said, urhoghide had already decided to leave long ago, before Celtic came sniffing anyway. So bannan probably just advised on Celtic as a club when the lad had already decided to leave, which I see nothing wrong with.

• Like 1

But in other news the owls have only signed 3 young talents in Dawodu, Hagan and Render just one year deals.

I personally thing DM had made himself sound a bit stupid in this article when clearly the club while he is here is still handing out one year deals.

There are 3 players in his first team that are in contract past next June. Nothing has changed in the last 5 years and nothing had changed in the last 4 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

BB is a very strange type of club and team captain. 

Has no business being captain, neither did Tom Lees. Both poor choices for different reasons. 

Hope it gets put right. 

33 minutes ago, bobness said:

Has no business being captain, neither did Tom Lees. Both poor choices for different reasons. 

Hope it gets put right. 

Iorfa - assuming he stays - or Dunkley, if he stays fit, would potentially be better captains IMHO 

Most promising article to come out of the club in the last few years. Hopefully not getting carried away but sounds as if Moore is getting a lot more say in players and people like that fûckwit Paxoman are taking a back seat

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

But in other news the owls have only signed 3 young talents in Dawodu, Hagan and Render just one year deals.

I personally thing DM had made himself sound a bit stupid in this article when clearly the club while he is here is still handing out one year deals.

There are 3 players in his first team that are in contract past next June. Nothing has changed in the last 5 years and nothing had changed in the last 4 months.

DM started 1/3/21. Not 1/7/21. He has some responsibility for quite a lot that has happened here in those four months. We have yet to see whether apart from having some strong opinions on the value of young players, he can influence things so we have some actual decisions which are better.

Quite an interesting interview....that sounds like it's actually not DCs fault they was not offered new contracts with Moore saying he would have had them sorted if he'd joined earlier. Sounds like the managers dictated who should be offered