SWFC KIT ANNOUNCEMENT

1 minute ago, Truth is out there said:

Maybe so, but many languages literally translate as ‘football’

Afrikaanssokker

Albanianfutboll

Arabicكرة القدم (kurat alqadam)

Armenianֆուտբոլ

Bengaliসকার / ফুটবল (sakāra / phuṭabala)

Bosniannogomet

Cantonese足球 (juk1 kau4)

Catalanfutbol

Chinese (Simplified)足球 (Zúqiú)

Chinese (Traditional)足球 (Zúqiú : ㄗㄨˊ ㄑㄧㄡˊ)

Croatiannogomet

Czechkopaná

Danishfodbold

Dutchvoetbal

English (American)soccer

English (British)football

Esperantofutbalo

Finnishjalkapallo

Frenchfootball

GermanFußball

Greekποδόσφαιρο (podósfairo)

Haitian Creolefoutbòl

Hindiफुटबॉल (phutabol)

Hungarianfutball

Icelandicfótbolti

Indonesiansepak bola

Italiancalcio

Japaneseサッカー (sakkā )

Korean축구 (chuggu)

Latinpediludium

Latvianfutbols

Macedonianфудбал (fudbal)

Norwegianfotball

Polishpiłka nożna

Portuguese (Brazil)futebol

Portuguese (Portugal)futebol

Romanianfotbal

Russianфутбол (futbol)

Serbianfudbal

Slovakfutbal

Spanish (Latin America)fútbol

Spanish (Spain)fútbol

Swahilisoka

Swedishfotboll

Taiwanese (MinNan)that-kha-kiû (踢跤球)

Tamilகால்பந்து (kālpantu)

Thaiฟุตบอล (futbxl)

Turkishfutbol

Vietnamesebóng đá

Welshpêl-droed

& the Germans don’t have a word for ‘schadenfreude’ 🤔

Well that’s two hours of your life you won’t get back.

• Haha 3

On 08/07/2021 at 00:04, NeonLeon said:

A few years back Leicesters actual away shirt was just a £20 Adidas Template shirt with their badge and sponsor on. Same shirt that was for sale to Sunday league teams basically.

Just shows even the powerhouse brands like Adidas & Nike don’t always break their neck to make something bespoke. For what it’s worth I think bespoke is exactly what we’ll get from Macron, much like Sondico.

Happens with most clubs unless its a proper bespoke company, or they decide to make bespoke kits regardless of what division you are in

Lot of Puma is templates, I know, I think it was Ipswich had one similar to a Sunday league club I played for an charged 50-60 quid for it! Cost us £12.50 with no badge or sponsor. Ridiculous at times!

On 08/07/2021 at 10:27, Buxtongent said:

During the recent lock down, I have been forced to watch TV sports, and one thing has struck me in paticular is the difference between the kits worn in the various sports. I have been a life long Wednesday supporter and ALWAYS preferred the 'traditional |Blue and Whte' stripes.

Maybe its my age creeping up on me, maybe its our current situation having an effect, maybeits soethng else, but may I be allowed to makr this observation - Although very much a Traditionalist, and proud of it, the whole of the Euro2020 campaign, whilst makinng me proud , has left me with the impression that soccer has been left stuck in he past, and the variation of colours and designs of other sports has been much more colourful. I never thought that Rugby Lague, in particular, would be a much more colourful and pleasing on he eye expeience than soccer.

And one thing I noticed is the number of International teams using the oft derided Umbro and Bukta kits.

Maybe the time has come for use to enter the 21st century?

Soccer?

and who’s using Bukta?

• Haha 1

On 08/07/2021 at 15:56, Freshfish said:

Linguistically creative students at the University of Oxford in the 1880s distinguished between the sports of “rugger” (rugby football) and “assoccer” (association football). The latter term was further shortened to “soccer” (sometimes spelled “socker”), and the name quickly spread beyond the campus. However, “soccer” never became much more than a nickname in Great Britain. By the 20th century, 

1863: Football Association: Soccer, it's American and 'posh' England name can do one ... worldwide it's 'Football' and the appropriation of it by the USA will simply be a way of managing the change that allows effin' quarters and more ad time for TV Soccer ...  it can ...frankly ...fuckrightoff!! 

Nothing worse as well when someone uses the term soccer jersey.

Its a football kit.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan

With shipping costs quadrupling and reaching nearly $15k a container and still a backlog of ships at sea, up to 12 weeks at times.  I think we’ll be waiting along time for the new kit to be available for sale and they’ll cost an arm and a leg.

On 08/07/2021 at 09:48, Sham67 said:

The UK is the only English language country that calls it football.

Um…

The first 3 I picked at random:

4913F3FB-DCB1-4719-919C-D83FAD225BFA.png.95fe56661c17eab060c44c4aa284d07e.png

00A3418C-EDF7-4CF1-885E-C0D5B1F26174.png.4794fe06b04e51593b932ba98cd369a7.png

4F235842-A9F1-4191-A458-624AE6DFDDC8.jpeg.a54fbe58856faaca2183caac1c902e02.jpeg

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

On 08/07/2021 at 15:47, helmut_rooster said:

Lazy kits.

Pic 1 Wednesday 1992

Pic 2 Followed by Chelsea 1992 same kit

Pic 3 Extra black strips on Chelsea kit

Great work Umbro.

Screenshot_20210708-154410_eBay.jpg

1993-94-chelsea-third-shirt-s-16302-1.jpg

download.jpeg

Just being pedantic, but the Chelsea one was the season after we had ours. Also, presumably the Chelsea one in picture 3 only has extra stripes because it’s a larger size. I don’t think they actually changed anything in the base design.

6 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Just being pedantic, but the Chelsea one was the season after we had ours. Also, presumably the Chelsea one in picture 3 only has extra stripes because it’s a larger size. I don’t think they actually changed anything in the base design.

Yep bang on, the Chelsea design was a year after ours and was also their third kit. The extra stripes are just because of the sizes... although the subliminal pattern within the shirt was different to ours. Their home and away kits were still bespoke. 

On 11/07/2021 at 00:45, Mcguigan said:

With shipping costs quadrupling and reaching nearly $15k a container and still a backlog of ships at sea, up to 12 weeks at times.  I think we’ll be waiting along time for the new kit to be available for sale and they’ll cost an arm and a leg.

Macron makes all its kits in Italy.

We don’t need to wait on container ships from the Far East.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest Mcguigan
10 hours ago, Neal M said:

Macron makes all its kits in Italy.

We don’t need to wait on container ships from the Far East.

I very much doubt that. Check your label when your replica shirt arrives.

They’ll be mass produced in Macron accredited manufacturers in China or Thailand.

No way could they handle that sort of demand from their Italian operation.

4 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

I very much doubt that. Check your label when your replica shirt arrives.

They’ll be mass produced in Macron accredited manufacturers in China or Thailand.

No way could they handle that sort of demand from their Italian operation.

You’re probably right with this. It’s like any large manufacturer...it’s cheaper and there are massive factories pumping stuff out. Boss and many high end labels produce most of their stuff in Mauritius as it’s dirt cheap. 

On 07/07/2021 at 10:45, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 10.45.40.jpg

Our pre-season fixture schedule kicks off today with a clash against Celtic at Dragon Park, Newport.

The Owls will be wearing a pre-season matchday Macron kit for our upcoming friendly fixtures, including today’s game against the Bhoys.

This pre-season kit will not go on sale to supporters but will be auctioned off at a later date to raise money for charities supported by SWFC and Macron.

While the Celtic fixture is set to take place behind closed doors, supporters can tune in live via iFollow.

Match passes are available on I-Follow

Look out for more announcements on the new 2021/22 kit in the coming weeks!

Have we heard about the auction of these shirts? Or have I missed it?