SWFC KIT ANNOUNCEMENT

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I bet he only struck the deal shortly before it was on the website 

Id say up relegation he had a moment of reflection and the positive changes have stemmed from that.

Stay up and it would have been business as usual IMO

A few years back Leicesters actual away shirt was just a £20 Adidas Template shirt with their badge and sponsor on. Same shirt that was for sale to Sunday league teams basically.

Just shows even the powerhouse brands like Adidas & Nike don’t always break their neck to make something bespoke. For what it’s worth I think bespoke is exactly what we’ll get from Macron, much like Sondico.

• Like 1

During the recent lock down, I have been forced to watch TV sports, and one thing has struck me in paticular is the difference between the kits worn in the various sports. I have been a life long Wednesday supporter and ALWAYS preferred the 'traditional |Blue and Whte' stripes.

Maybe its my age creeping up on me, maybe its our current situation having an effect, maybeits soethng else, but may I be allowed to makr this observation - Although very much a Traditionalist, and proud of it, the whole of the Euro2020 campaign, whilst makinng me proud , has left me with the impression that soccer has been left stuck in he past, and the variation of colours and designs of other sports has been much more colourful. I never thought that Rugby Lague, in particular, would be a much more colourful and pleasing on he eye expeience than soccer.

And one thing I noticed is the number of International teams using the oft derided Umbro and Bukta kits.

Maybe the time has come for use to enter the 21st century?

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

During the recent lock down, I have been forced to watch TV sports, and one thing has struck me in paticular is the difference between the kits worn in the various sports. I have been a life long Wednesday supporter and ALWAYS preferred the 'traditional |Blue and Whte' stripes.

Maybe its my age creeping up on me, maybe its our current situation having an effect, maybeits soethng else, but may I be allowed to makr this observation - Although very much a Traditionalist, and proud of it, the whole of the Euro2020 campaign, whilst makinng me proud , has left me with the impression that soccer has been left stuck in he past, and the variation of colours and designs of other sports has been much more colourful. I never thought that Rugby Lague, in particular, would be a much more colourful and pleasing on he eye expeience than soccer.

And one thing I noticed is the number of International teams using the oft derided Umbro and Bukta kits.

Adidas all the way

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

“Traditionalist”

”soccer”

?😉

26 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

“Traditionalist”

”soccer”

?😉

'Football ' if you want. But don't forget that there are many different kinds of football - Association, American, Rugby (both codes) Aussie Rules .  

And don't forget the changes in 'soccer' . The current International football is a completely different game to what it was even 10 years ago.

15 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

A few years back Leicesters actual away shirt was just a £20 Adidas Template shirt with their badge and sponsor on. Same shirt that was for sale to Sunday league teams basically.

Just shows even the powerhouse brands like Adidas & Nike don’t always break their neck to make something bespoke. For what it’s worth I think bespoke is exactly what we’ll get from Macron, much like Sondico.

Ipswich had the same template shirt sold for peanuts shoved a badge onto it, sold for double.

Linguistically creative students at the University of Oxford in the 1880s distinguished between the sports of “rugger” (rugby football) and “assoccer” (association football). The latter term was further shortened to “soccer” (sometimes spelled “socker”), and the name quickly spread beyond the campus. However, “soccer” never became much more than a nickname in Great Britain. By the 20th century, 

1863: Football Association: Soccer, it's American and 'posh' England name can do one ... worldwide it's 'Football' and the appropriation of it by the USA will simply be a way of managing the change that allows effin' quarters and more ad time for TV Soccer ...  it can ...frankly ...fuckrightoff!! 

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I never thought that Rugby Lague, in particular, would be a much more colourful and pleasing on he eye expeience than soccer.

Try watching horse racing. It will blow your mind.

50 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Linguistically creative students at the University of Oxford in the 1880s distinguished between the sports of “rugger” (rugby football) and “assoccer” (association football). The latter term was further shortened to “soccer” (sometimes spelled “socker”), and the name quickly spread beyond the campus. However, “soccer” never became much more than a nickname in Great Britain. By the 20th century, 

1863: Football Association: Soccer, it's American and 'posh' England name can do one ... worldwide it's 'Football' and the appropriation of it by the USA will simply be a way of managing the change that allows effin' quarters and more ad time for TV Soccer ...  it can ...frankly ...fuckrightoff!! 

The UK is the only English language country that calls it football.

On 07/07/2021 at 11:51, CircleSeven said:

I’m going to definitely bid for these. It’s for charity which is great and these will be genuinely unique! Hopefully they are truly horrible as well which just adds to their collectibility!

Well, they're definitely horrible. The blurry, zig zag stripes that is, not the design of the shirts.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

In Norway, and rest of Scandinavia too I think, we call it football. Rugby is rugby and that space marine rugby version they play in US is called American football.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Maybe so, but many languages literally translate as ‘football’

Afrikaanssokker

Albanianfutboll

Arabicكرة القدم (kurat alqadam)

Armenianֆուտբոլ

Bengaliসকার / ফুটবল (sakāra / phuṭabala)

Bosniannogomet

Cantonese足球 (juk1 kau4)

Catalanfutbol

Chinese (Simplified)足球 (Zúqiú)

Chinese (Traditional)足球 (Zúqiú : ㄗㄨˊ ㄑㄧㄡˊ)

Croatiannogomet

Czechkopaná

Danishfodbold

Dutchvoetbal

English (American)soccer

English (British)football

Esperantofutbalo

Finnishjalkapallo

Frenchfootball

GermanFußball

Greekποδόσφαιρο (podósfairo)

Haitian Creolefoutbòl