SWFC Accounts Published

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes let's hope so
Would be great to have the club running in a sustainable way

Agreed. Without ignoring the folly of the past few years as a fan I still look forward to the new season with excitement and (albeit tempered) optimism. It's the only way for me. 

I'm sure that Bannan's palm has been well greased but I personally doubt to the extent of the £27k PW being bandied around. He's a terrific player but if the need arises then hopefully his contract does not realistically scare off potential buyers.

• Like 2

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agreed. Without ignoring the folly of the past few years as a fan I still look forward to the new season with excitement and (albeit tempered) optimism. It's the only way for me. 

I'm the exact same

Bring it on 

Soon as the fixture list comes out I get proper giddy

Love the pre-season leading into the start of the new season

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Why?

Shouldn't be under embargo. Room to pay decent wages for L1. Possibly some small fees. Chansiri only gets some of his cash back via promotion and then pushing for the Prem. I'm fairly content we have 2 seasons to get back up before it hits the fan now.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Suddenly looks very decent.

Should be able to spend up there with the top sides but we badly need to regain our Championship status 1st attempt.

Expect we can pay a lot for Prem loans in L1 that others maybe besides Ipswich can do.

Moore must also have been given assurances, these accounts back that up.

Very decent 🤣

1 minute ago, sMacLean said:

Shouldn't be under embargo. Room to pay decent wages for L1. Possibly some small fees. Chansiri only gets some of his cash back via promotion and then pushing for the Prem. I'm fairly content we have 2 seasons to get back up before it hits the fan now.

My point is more why it needs to be at the first attempt.

I'm genuinely sick of this club operating with a training ground from the 90s, a scouting system from the 90s, with (at times) a fanbase from the 90s. 

It's time this club started operating in a way that isn't just after a mad dash to the finish line of promotion ASAP. 

I appreciate there's some time pressure, as I don't think we could sustain 8-10 years in League One (surely not without DC completely losing interest), but I don't think we need to put all our eggs into promotion at the first attempt.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, heard that pardon said:

Wont we be under the league 1 rules and not  P&S (FFP) next year and if (don't  laugh) were promoted P&S(FFP) will be reset at year one.

The EFL are saying we were only under FFP embargo till all our championship affairs were sorted out wages & accounts.

The accounts that come out next year will be for the 2020/21 season for which we were still in the Championship.

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the accounts are as 'healthy' as they are then why were they delayed so long and at such cost?

Because you cannot serve a dish until it's finished cooking!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Factor in that turnover will take a big hit in the years 20/21 and 21/22 though.

I think the losses in the next accounts will be higher than in these 

Good points though indications so far are that we are looking to recruit younger and cheaper players commensurate with our league one status. Who knows we actually might sell the odd player at a tidy profit. Mind you there'll be the usual furore when we sell our best player(s); you know, the ones that other clubs are actually willing to pay for😁

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

If they are that "healthy" why the delay. Or have I got my tinfoil hat on here?

Wouldn't say that they are "healthy".  Delay will have been trouble getting auditors signing off the going concern assessment whilst club were not paying their player's! 

No coincidence that the unpaid wages being settled and accounts being punished in same week.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Wouldn't say that they are "healthy".  Delay will have been trouble getting auditors signing off the going concern assessment whilst club were not paying their player's! 

No coincidence that the unpaid wages being settled and accounts being punished in same week.

I agree that they arnt, but we knew that. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

If they are that "healthy" why the delay. Or have I got my tinfoil hat on here?

They're not healthy.

We lost £24m, how can that possibly be healthy?

The previous year we would only have lost £19m without the sale of the ground, so not only are they not healthy but the losses were increasing.

The potentially good news is that these figures are already a year out of date so they're not actually all that relevant any more.

More important is what the figures to the end of this year look like, but of course we won't see them for another 12 months.

If our glorious owner has taken the right steps to reduce costs in the last year then we may be alright however I fear that when the accounts as of today are eventually compiled a combination of Covid and bad management will leave us in a much worse position than we were in 12 months ago. (the time these accounts relate to)

The football club has a massive negative net worth and is wholly reliant on Chansiri for it's continued existence.

• Like 2

Just now, morley said:

They're not healthy.

We lost £24m, how can that possibly be healthy?

The previous year we would only have lost £19m without the sale of the ground, so not only are they not healthy but the losses were increasing.

The potentially good news is that these figures are already a year out of date so they're not actually all that relevant any more.

More important is what the figures to the end of this year look like, but of course we won't see them for another 12 months.

If our glorious owner has taken the right steps to reduce costs in the last year then we may be alright however I fear that when the accounts as of today are eventually compiled a combination of Covid and bad management will leave us in a much worse position than we were in 12 months ago. (the time these accounts relate to)

The football club has a massive negative net worth and is wholly reliant on Chansiri for it's continued existence.

more so his family its a shambles

27 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Suddenly looks very decent.

Should be able to spend up there with the top sides but we badly need to regain our Championship status 1st attempt.

Expect we can pay a lot for Prem loans in L1 that others maybe besides Ipswich can do.

Moore must also have been given assurances, these accounts back that up.

Sounds like you are saying roll the dice again FFS. Don't our fans ever learn anything?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Please advise your version of decent wages for L1, because frankly anything over 5 or 6k a week is ludicrous at this level.

Sustainability, sustainability, sustainability!

• Like 1