SWFC Accounts Published

3 minutes ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

Good post on some of the detail. I think the bit about how early bird season tickets were treated is really important - was that money just treated as in year income instead of a prepayment? And will any accountant sign the 20/21 ST income off as straight income (in whatever year it is posted), with none of it at risk from legal challenge? Given the amount of folk still wanting that money back, and some who are taking the legal route, surely some of us should be treated as creditors (i.e people who are owed money)?

Sorry the analysis is incorrect, early bird season ticket income (or income paid in advance) is deferred income not accrued income.

Any 20/21 season ticket money received before 31.7.20 will be included in the £13.2m "accruals and deferred income" in note 14.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

E5nzcr_X0AQ-3WF.png

Peter Loehmann who certain people have slagggged off for years has just published his forecast and projections (basically what he's been telling us over the last year or so) vs the actual reported figures

I think certain people owe him an apology

This is 2018-19.

Did he just forget to change the labels?

25 minutes ago, Kevan said:

What i find difficult to understand in the balance sheet, is the Debtors figure (i.e. money owed to the club / company) is shown at £45.82 million.  Bearing in mind that all / most of the matchday or season ticket sales are made by debit or credit card - who is it that owes that money to the club??

More worrying is also the Current creditors (money owed by the club and payable within 12 months) of £27.5 Million and longer term (due in more than 12 months) creditors of £59.546 Million.

It looks a real mess and not one that we will see sorted out in the near or even medium term future.

About half of the creditors within 1 year is the deferred income for the 20/21 season tickets.  The figure that's gone up is the PAYE Liability die to the government allowing clubs to build this up to help during covid.

The creditors over 1 year is mostly just the amount chansiri is owed through his directors loan account

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Sorry the analysis is incorrect, early bird season ticket income (or income paid in advance) is deferred income not accrued income.

Any 20/21 season ticket money received before 31.7.20 will be included in the £13.2m "accruals and deferred income" in note 14.

Ah, Ok, thanks for that. At what point will an accountant need to decide how to treat it, given to the risk to the club of legal challenges to refund it?

Guest Willow Owl
49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah that's what I'm hoping and praying for

Wouldn't it be great to just have a few years of no shocks or bad surprises

According to Kieran Maguire, Theres been an obvious reset in the clubs spending and next years accounts will be a lot healthier. He also says there is no issues surrounding FFP / P&S   Hopefully we can now concentrate on the football, for once.

UTO

21 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

According to Kieran Maguire, Theres been an obvious reset in the clubs spending and next years accounts will be a lot healthier. He also says there is no issues surrounding FFP / P&S   Hopefully we can now concentrate on the football, for once.

UTO

That would honestly make me the happiest person

Am absolutely sick to death of hearing about our chairman/exploit/messes and just wanna talk about free kicks, tackles, shirts, players etc again

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

Much better than anticipated. There's still hope as the wage bill is greatly reduced and we should be able to start building the squad properly soon. I'd expect us to have a couple of contracts done and just waiting for the embargo to be lifted.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Am absolutely sick to death of hearing about our chairman/exploit/messes and just wanna talk about free kicks, tackles, shirts, players etc again

Yes let's get back to the pre-season buzz, talking about incomings, rebuilding the squad, soundbites from trading, pre-season games etc. Ok we'll not be signing 'name' players but the recruitment route that we seem to be going down brings it's own kind of excitement. Bring it on. 

Today has been a good day after far, far, far too many bad ones but now that it really looks that we'll be in existence next season I'll be renewing my season ticket tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes let's get back to the pre-season buzz, talking about incomings, rebuilding the squad, soundbites from trading, pre-season games etc. Ok we'll not be signing 'name' players but the recruitment route that we seem to be going down brings it's own kind of excitement. Bring it on. 

Today has been a good day after far, far, far too many bad ones but now that it really looks that we'll be in existence next season I'll be renewing my season ticket tomorrow.

Good stuff mate - fully agree

If Chansiri could just give us a break and a rest from the madness i could open up the 'boardroom' section of this site and put all the chairman/politics in that again out of the way

Hopefully not far off that happening 👍

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Soundbites from TRAINING...... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Our free kicks are often as grim as our accounts

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah that's what I'm hoping and praying for

Wouldn't it be great to just have a few years of no shocks or bad surprises

Wouldn't it just. As Wednesday fan's we know there will always be something.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Maguires explanation is decent,   Hard for the general fan to make much sense of these things I feel 

yeah almost impossible isnt it

I reckon our fans just wanna know if we can get out of embargo, sign players and crack on without point deductions

Anything else is almost borderline gossip at that point to 99.9999% of fans 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop