Last Season Transfer Business

We lost Forestieri, Fletcher, Nuihu, Hutchinson (initially), Fox, Lee.

We let 4 strikers leave and signed none, we didnt replace the goals of Murphy and ended up with the 7th worse attack in the football league but for the cardiff game, we would have had the worst attack out of 72 teams.

The recruitment was extremely poor, we sign players available instead of players we needed, Kachunga, Brown, Marriott, Flint a waste of money as was Green he barely played for 6 months. Dunkley spent most of the season unavailable another poor signing.

FDB was clearly not ready for the championship and should have gone on loan, but we never do that and the best Keeper at the club was not allowed to play because Monk was a complete fool.

• Like 1

The recruitment was terrible 

Not player who came in was better than anyone they replaced 

The 'managers' we got was 10 times worse from Monk to Moore 

Last season probley worst season we've had in decades 

This is why we won’t go up on the current state of the squad.

not enough goals in the team. We need a 20 goal a season man, Maclean and madine did this when we went up last time. None of the squad is capable, unless we find a gem in the young lads coming through, not sure one is out there though. 

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I like Paterson a LOT
Windass - he's ok but what IS his position? 
Dele Bashiru - need to see more of him
Green - need to see more

Be interesting to see how they do now they've been paid IF they're paid properly and supported this season by the club properly

I see your still wheelin out the pay chestnut..if yer crap yer crap wether you’ve been paid or not..kachunga is rubbish..dele looks rubbish..Andre green cudnt get a club till we stepped in...nowt to do wi wages

That transfer business and the retention of Monk sent us down. Chansiri is to blame for our mess but Monk and his business and management sent us to league one.

I know we had the points deduction etc but it was still awful.... the best signing we made last season was Sam Hutchinson, who we made stay away from the first team and released in the summer.

Dele Bashiru - Bad Signing, has potential but never looked first team ready.

Dunkley - Awful Signing. never been fit and when he played looked awful. 

Brown - Awful Signing, need I say more.

Windass - Decent Signing, compared to what we lost not in the same class but got better as time went on.

Paterson - Bad Signing, effort is there which we lacked but terrible footballer.

Adedoyin - Under 23 signing but injured.

Marriott - Awful Signing, again injured before coming never got fit or wanted too.

Kachunga - Awful Signing, just terrible at football

Green - Weird Signing, why didnt we sign him in the summer and give him a pre season ? Hardly played when we did.

Hutchinson - Good Signing, should never have been let go.

Flint - Good Signing, just got injured and went back. Had pedigree before coming and after leaving played well for Cardiff. 

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Holy mother of god

You don't actually believe this right?

Yes I do. As i put in the part of the post you haven't copied above, Chansiri is ultimately at fault for the massive mess the club is in.

But if as he should have been Monk was dismissed at the end of the season prior and a new coaching team coming in, we would have stood a much better chance of staying up and attracting better players than the ones we got.

8 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

But if as he should have been Monk was dismissed at the end of the season prior and a new coaching team coming in, we would have stood a much better chance of staying up and attracting better players than the ones we got.

Monk was hitting enough points for safety
Sacking him we achieved less points than when he was in position

We got relegated

Players weren't getting paid

We were under a 12/6 point deduction 

So in a nutshell you're plain wrong on this one

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk was hitting enough points for safety
Sacking him we achieved less points than when he was in position

We got relegated

Players weren't getting paid

We were under a 12/6 point deduction 

So in a nutshell you're plain wrong on this one

IMO we would have got relegated a lot sooner than the last game under Garry Monk.

Its about Opinions, if we had got rid of him the season before as we should have you never know what would have happened.

We were shot under Monk IMO. We then went for Pulis which totally put us up against it then appointed Moore too late to have an impact.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

IMO we would have got relegated a lot sooner than the last game under Garry Monk.

Its about Opinions 

We were picking up enough points for safety under Monk despite everything that was going on - that's an incredible achievement

We sacked him

We got relegated

Owlstalk Shop

I'm not buying into some of this stuff it's all in hindsight.

Dele Bashiru - People were happy with this, sensing a new direction for the club.

Dunkley - No matter of his ability as a player we signed someone who was recovering from a broken leg?

Brown - People were buzzing with this signing and it turned out to a awful one

Windass -  Decent player - what is his best position though?

Paterson - Decent - nothing special, brought in to replace Nuhiu?

Adedoyin - Young  

Marriott -  Again same as Izzy Brown people were happy with this signing and it didn't work out for whatever reason

Kachunga -   It's clear and obvious why he was brought in, it showed how much we were struggling to recruit, he was brought in as a extra body and that's it.

Green - Honestly think he could be a big player for us in League 1, will be interesting to see if he kicks on, it's a small gamble on wages with a potential higher reward if he does kick on

Flint - Again same as Marriott and Brown, people were happy with his signing, myself included. What we were missing some aerial presence and a leader, it's not his fault he got injured.

It's easy to now sit here and say the recruitment was poor, which again in hindsight it got us relegated amongst many other reasons but this isn't down to the recruitment team or Monk.

We clearly struggled to recruit, Dunkley and Kachunga are prime examples of that plus Patterson and Windass who are versatile players with no stand out position.

While i think Monk was a poor manager i don't blame him for the recruitment.

This season is more than likely going to be just as bad so strap in for the bumpy ride, everyone is shopping in the same market as we are now for obvious reasons worldwide plus the poison around the club with unpaid wages, how are we going to be a bigger pull to a player over however many other teams?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I like Paterson a LOT
Windass - he's ok but what IS his position? 
Dele Bashiru - need to see more of him
Green - need to see more

Be interesting to see how they do now they've been paid IF they're paid properly and supported this season by the club properly

Villa mate of mine, raves about Green, hopefully he does the stuff this season

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Its about Opinions, if we had got rid of him the season before as we should have you never know what would have happened.

We were shot under Monk IMO. We then went for Pulis which totally put us up against it then appointed Moore too late to have an impact.

Considering we picked up more points per game with him in charge than we did after he left I fail to see how we would have got relegated a lot sooner.

16 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I think Dunk,Hutch,Green and Bashiru are going to be worth it,the rest if em loans included I just didnt get very poor.

Dunk was a massive gamble tho.

Monk ripped us a gud un,some terrible signings to what we had..

UTO

We should have signed that Toney fella, he played quite well.

8 hours ago, 83owl said:

Considering we picked up more points per game with him in charge than we did after he left I fail to see how we would have got relegated a lot sooner.

Because before he was sacked we had gone to a low point, remember the week of doom with Luton Wycombe and Rotherham when we got no points ??