ALL WAGES PAID (NIXON)

4 hours ago, Ronio said:

I agree with you on the points regarding players downing tools.  

That is clearly evident when you watch all the games.  

When we pummeled Cardiff 5 nil, it showed what this team were capable of.  

ive hardly missed a game in years , the wages issue would never help but no way was that an excuse , ive watched some dire performances over last few years when some where on 35 grand plus and spent all week counting it . poor players poor attitude, unfit ,lacking talent can go on. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Where has the money come from. Has DC sucured an investor or a big sponsor? Or is he selling up and the new owner has paid.

Only two options he has a new buyer investor, or is there some significance in the date they have been paid. When’s the year end? , does this help with further FFP issues? 

8 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Only two options he has a new buyer investor, or is there some significance in the date they have been paid. When’s the year end? , does this help with further FFP issues? 

Or he's freed up more of his own money.   Or he's managed to unblock the money which he was originally using to pay wages. 

10 hours ago, morganowl said:

why dont they want to go to games again? we need to get as many as possible to renew and try and sell a few season tickets . we support the club not chansiri . we can protest against him at the games if needed . im not as worried about things as i was  a month ago, at that point i feared that we would have no club 

Doesnt work like that 

Give the fans their refunds and then they use that money to buy tickets if they want if there is any goodwill left 

Nobody is saying don’t go to games or stop supporting the club

What is being said is that Chansiri should give the fans the refunds that HE HIMSELF promised them - nothing else 

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Great news but this is what it’s come on to - Positive because Chansiri met a basic obligation once in the last few months

yay

i hope this is the start of normality for us 

THIS

Boring normality with nothing out of the ordinary happening from the chairman would be AMAZING

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Disagree.

Not defending any other Chairman / Owners we have had in the past but IMO Chansiri is the worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday in my lifetime.

True, worst than Allen and that is saying something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Disagree.

Not defending any other Chairman / Owners we have had in the past but IMO Chansiri is the worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday in my lifetime.

If corner shop Dave had not sold us down the river, DC would never have happened.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesnt work like that 

Give the fans their refunds and then they use that money to buy tickets if they want if there is any goodwill left 

Nobody is saying don’t go to games or stop supporting the club

What is being said is that Chansiri should give the fans the refunds that HE HIMSELF promised them - nothing else 

This is exactly my position, me and the lad have had season tickets since Cardiff play off final, didn't renew last season and requested refund for 19-20. Lad asked yesterday if we were going to the cup game and I replied that until I had been refunded what was promised I wouldn't be putting any money back into the club. 

• Like 2