ALL WAGES PAID (NIXON)

7 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. Where has the money come from. Has DC sucured an investor or a big sponsor? Or is he selling up and the new owner has paid.

Why would he have loads of money and not pay wages for 3 months? Makes no sense to me.

Hope he pays the players who are still owed and left the club now as well.

12 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Last word on this. 

Like many normal people, I form opinions based on discussions, body language and other factors. I'm not outing individuals because I could be wrong but I'm confident enough to post on a message board that all wasn't well in our dressing room for the last 3 years.

I don't think we need Sherlock Holmes to work that out. You lay the blame solely at the Chairman. Personally I think one or two players didn't act professionally. As human beings fair enough it happens. As professional football players I believe they could have acted differently at times.

Sorry for that.

OK that's fair enough. 

I'm still unclear about the part where you said you had spoken to the players about it. Was that just a joke that's gone over my head?

44 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why would he have loads of money and not pay wages for 3 months? Makes no sense to me.

Hope he pays the players who are still owed and left the club now as well.

That's what I was thinking. Only other scenario I can think of is he has sold one of his businesses. 

According to Nixon all players have been paid now including those still under contract.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Is that the same Gary Monk that publicly slated the players at Christmas, told the public that those wouldn’t be here next season, then wondered why our form fell off a cliff?

At a time when the players weren’t getting paid?

He should do motivational speaking. He could go on after David Brent. 

I'm sure that's what he said on a number of occasions. I'm not necessarily saying he practiced what he preached.

5 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

1 of 3 reasons as I can see

He’s had to dispose of other assets to release capital

Issues with getting money out of Thailand

Hes been playing silly sods and thrown his toys out of the pram

Im hoping it’s one of the first 2 

If the issue was only getting money out of Thailand would players be threatening to sue and walk out?  Also i feel he should just say thats the reason to stop all the press negativity getting to fans.   Seems more likely the problem was Chansiri didn't have money until now, or has purposely waited to sort it until now to p*ss some people off  

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If the issue was only getting money out of Thailand would players be threatening to sue and walk out?  Also i feel he should just say thats the reason to stop all the press negativity getting to fans.   Seems more likely the problem was Chansiri didn't have money until now, or has purposely waited to sort it until now to p*ss some people off  

Look at it another way if it was more serious would there have only been 2 players handing notice in? 

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Look at it another way if it was more serious would there have only been 2 players handing notice in? 

At businesses I've worked at/for - whenever there have been pay issues or staff have been messed about, a couple might have handed their notice in, but over the next few months many more left one way or another

I don't think we've seen the full fallout and repercussions yet

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Glad he payed wot he owed the mans a control freak and doesn’t learn from his mistakes! And that is not a good combination for us to go forward? At least he payed and we won’t get hit with a points deduction again ( hopefully not) on the plus side he gota be saving £150 k a week wages from the start of July that is a huge amount and you would think moore would be able to assemble a squad for this league on a third of that amount ? Anyway let’s see when accounts finally get published just how far in the mire we are 

You can't begin to know how much I wanted to highlight areas and edit your post. But then, I would be a control freak as well. lol

10 minutes ago, Triple O said:

You can't begin to know how much I wanted to highlight areas and edit your post. But then, I would be a control freak as well. lol

Feel free to control your destiny young Padawan 😆

• Haha 2

This is really positive news. Nothing more than that really. 

On a even keel, which is what we all wanted. Now make a signing or two with some youth, pace, power and the positivity will start to gain traction. 

Chansiri can do no more really.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

This is really positive news. Nothing more than that really. 

On a even keel, which is what we all wanted. Now make a signing or two with some youth, pace, power and the positivity will start to gain traction. 

Chansiri can do no more really.

Refund the fans? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, striker said:

Can't Chansiri give them contracts in his construction business in Thailand (like Mr Burns did in the Simpsons with his baseball team) and pay them all in This Baht?

1935759159_Screenshot_20210705-1127372.png.8ddf974409802fe8c482028140272c43.png

Sorry. Pedants corner. Softball team. Brilliant episode though - Homer At The Bat

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FattyOwl72 said:

Sorry. Pedants corner. Softball team. Brilliant episode though - Homer At The Bat

Do you know, I nearly put softball and second guessed myself. Correction accepted, perfectly justified 😀 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wages sorted now hopefully Season ticket refunds will be next.

why dont they want to go to games again? we need to get as many as possible to renew and try and sell a few season tickets . we support the club not chansiri . we can protest against him at the games if needed . im not as worried about things as i was  a month ago, at that point i feared that we would have no club 

• Like 2