Jump to content

ALL WAGES PAID (NIXON)


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

I remember when good news meant we had signed Chris Waddle. 

 

It was a sad day when this clown rocked up at Hillsborough. 

You better hope he's not one of the trialists

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad he payed wot he owed the mans a control freak and doesn’t learn from his mistakes! And that is not a good combination for us to go forward? At least he payed and we won’t get hit with a points deduction again ( hopefully not) on the plus side he gota be saving £150 k a week wages from the start of July that is a huge amount and you would think moore would be able to assemble a squad for this league on a third of that amount ? Anyway let’s see when accounts finally get published just how far in the mire we are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

So in summary you accept all the off field stuff will affect player performances but you still blame them anyway.

 

What are you going on about? 
 

If you believe EVERY senior player has given 100% and  acted professionally for the last 3 years that’s up to you.

 

I know different. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smackavolley said:

 

What are you going on about? 
 

If you believe EVERY senior player has given 100% and  acted professionally for the last 3 years that’s up to you.

 

I know different. 
 

 

 

You KNOW different?

What have they told you?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ronio said:

More positive news.  

 

Hopefully the club can get some new signings soon. 

 

That Dennis Adeniran looks a very good player.

 

Could be a very good acquisition.

 

Good pedigree.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

 

What are you going on about? 
 

If you believe EVERY senior player has given 100% and  acted professionally for the last 3 years that’s up to you.

 

I know different. 
 

 

 

OK then spill the beans. I'm all ears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

I see..........

 

What you're trying to do.

 

Go and bait someone else. You have to fish for info. I don't 😍

 

This is the problem with this site. A few of you need to get off your high horse.

 

I posted that a little bit of me wished one or two ex-players wouldn't be getting paid because I am of the opinion they downed tools well before their contracts ran out and well before they kicked a ball in anger last season. Have I spoken to said players at some point? Yes. Did I enjoy speaking to them? Not really.  Have you spoken to them? Patently not.

 

You ultimately blame the chairman for us getting relegated. I agree. So what's your problem? Grow up and let people voice their opinion. FFS.

 

So you spoke to players who admitted to you they had downed tools?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing that concerns me is can Darren Moore motivate the senior players that are remaining. They have been through so much hassle with the changeover of management, delayed payment of wages and who knows what else?

 

Many times they have appeared to be just going through the motions and I think it will be very difficult to get them to change that mindset. The late and great Gary Monk stressed many times, and I feel correctly,  the importance of a positive attitude to achieve the best results in any sport and it worries me if some of the longer serving players will be unable to shake off the problems of the past and sustain a strong promotion challenge.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

So you spoke to players who admitted to you they had downed tools?

 

Last word on this. 

 

Like many normal people, I form opinions based on discussions, body language and other factors. I'm not outing individuals because I could be wrong but I'm confident enough to post on a message board that all wasn't well in our dressing room for the last 3 years.

 

I don't think we need Sherlock Holmes to work that out. You lay the blame solely at the Chairman. Personally I think one or two players didn't act professionally. As human beings fair enough it happens. As professional football players I believe they could have acted differently at times.

 

Sorry for that.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

Nixon seems to think Chansiri is still loaded. Not sure whether he knows this for sure.

 

 

I'm wondering the same thing. Where has the money come from. Has DC sucured an investor or a big sponsor? Or is he selling up and the new owner has paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

The thing that concerns me is can Darren Moore motivate the senior players that are remaining. They have been through so much hassle with the changeover of management, delayed payment of wages and who knows what else?

 

Many times they have appeared to be just going through the motions and I think it will be very difficult to get them to change that mindset. The late and great Gary Monk stressed many times, and I feel correctly,  the importance of a positive attitude to achieve the best results in any sport and it worries me if some of the longer serving players will be unable to shake off the problems of the past and sustain a strong promotion challenge.

Is that the same Gary Monk that publicly slated the players at Christmas, told the public that those wouldn’t be here next season, then wondered why our form fell off a cliff?

At a time when the players weren’t getting paid?

He should do motivational speaking. He could go on after David Brent. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

 

Last word on this. 

 

Like many normal people, I form opinions based on discussions, body language and other factors. I'm not outing individuals because I could be wrong but I'm confident enough to post on a message board that all wasn't well in our dressing room for the last 3 years.

 

I don't think we need Sherlock Holmes to work that out. You lay the blame solely at the Chairman. Personally I think one or two players didn't act professionally. As human beings fair enough it happens. As professional football players I believe they could have acted differently at times.

 

Sorry for that.

 

 

You do realise that is enough to get you the title of a paid stooge/ chansiri fanboy don’t you. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

 

Last word on this. 

 

Like many normal people, I form opinions based on discussions, body language and other factors. I'm not outing individuals because I could be wrong but I'm confident enough to post on a message board that all wasn't well in our dressing room for the last 3 years.

 

I don't think we need Sherlock Holmes to work that out. You lay the blame solely at the Chairman. Personally I think one or two players didn't act professionally. As human beings fair enough it happens. As professional football players I believe they could have acted differently at times.

 

Sorry for that.

 

 

I agree with you on the points regarding players downing tools.  

 

That is clearly evident when you watch all the games.  

 

When we pummeled Cardiff 5 nil, it showed what this team were capable of.  

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...