ALL WAGES PAID (NIXON)

Guest Andy W

Good..but let's get this into perspective, SWFC are a hobby, a pasrime to most supporters. The club is a shambles and are on the way down, not there yet. So hearing that people you don't know have been paid is not really of much interest to your average supporter..doesn't pay their bills does it?

26 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

You're missing my point. Some players at the club stopped acting like professional footballers should long before their wages were stopped. It's a sh!tshow. We all know it.

We can point the finger why it's rotten to the core and I think we'd be right. It doesn't excuse the conduct of senior pros who patently downed tools well before last season.

So yep, there's a little bit of me wish they'd suffered. Unfortunately it's rare they do.

I don't buy the players downing tools narrative.

If you create a chaotic environment where you have point deductions, unpaid players, managers changing every few weeks then you don't get the best out of people. 

Its wasn't a case of players not trying but clearly the above will affect morale and that in turn affects performances.

Professional footballers are not robots. The off field stuff obviously has a big impact.

• Like 1

Guest Smackavolley
24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

oh FFS

REALLY?

oh FFS

REALLY

Contractually they should have been paid.

Guest Smackavolley
1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

I don't buy the players downing tools narrative.

If you create a chaotic environment where you have point deductions, unpaid players, managers changing every few weeks then you don't get the best out of people. 

Its wasn't a case of players not trying but clearly the above will affect morale and that in turn affects performances.

Professional footballers are not robots. The off field stuff obviously has a big impact.

You're banging on about points deductions and manager changes. Of course it has an impact and of course it will impact on performances and the mood of the club.

Professional players are definitely not robots but some are entitled, extremely selfish and childish. I think we've had more than our fair share recently.

Unfortunately all trumped by a basket case of a chairman. Their contracts should be honoured but as I stated earlier, I wish one or 2 hadn't to wipe the smug look off their faces.

Other clubs have had issues similar to ours with lesser paid and lesser skilled players. Some of those clubs survived. Some of the "performances" put in by some last season was pitiful to watch and hard to take. They are professionals at the end of the day. I am not surprised not many have got fixed up yet. 

4 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

You're banging on about points deductions and manager changes. Of course it has an impact and of course it will impact on performances and the mood of the club.

Professional players are definitely not robots but some are entitled, extremely selfish and childish. I think we've had more than our fair share recently.

Unfortunately all trumped by a basket case of a chairman. Their contracts should be honoured but as I stated earlier, I wish one or 2 hadn't to wipe the smug look off their faces.

So in summary you accept all the off field stuff will affect player performances but you still blame them anyway.

• Love 1

Guest Jack the Hat
36 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He first didn't pay them in December 2019 though when we were 3rd in the League, so your theory doesn't add up

I'm not ITK but the wage issue back in December was throughout the staff and due to a money transfer issue. This time he appears to have been selecting which players he has been paying or not. Funnily enough it's all the ones who are leaving whereas - from what i've read - players like Bannan have , so it does stack up.

2 minutes ago, djstatic said:

Other clubs have had issues similar to ours with lesser paid and lesser skilled players. Some of those clubs survived. Some of the "performances" put in by some last season was pitiful to watch and hard to take. They are professionals at the end of the day. I am not surprised not many have got fixed up yet. 

Pay them then

And stop giving them a new manager every three months

And stop giving them a twelve point deduction

And stop having transfer embargoes

etc etc etc

Simplez

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Good news, now lets get the accounts filed so we're out of umbongo then sell Windass and Bannan so we can bring in 5 or 6 unsigned players to cover us for the season and then lets play some football

If he's found the money to clear the wages outstanding we don't need to sell Bannan Windass Iorfa palmer hutch Paterson Luongo etc. If we're looking for an immediate return to the championship let's bring in some good young loans or free transfers to compliment the experience we've got.

It's likely that the limit will be lifted on attendances so more season tickets and match day tickets and revenue is not far away. 🙃. Some people have become obsessed with selling their souls ffs.🥺🥺🥺

Guest gizowl
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pay them then

And stop giving them a new manager every three months

And stop giving them a twelve point deduction

And stop having transfer embargoes

etc etc etc

Simplez

Not supposed to use simplez to finish a post it upsets certain members. 

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

If he's found the money to clear the wages outstanding we don't need to sell Bannan Windass Iorfa palmer hutch Paterson Luongo etc. If we're looking for an immediate return to the championship let's bring in some good young loans or free transfers to compliment the experience we've got.

It's likely that the limit will be lifted on attendances so more season tickets and match day tickets and revenue is not far away. 🙃. Some people have become obsessed with selling their souls ffs.🥺🥺🥺

I agree with you in the most part but we're paying Bannan what's effectively a premier league wage to play in league 1. He's due an injury at some point. I'd rather the money was spread around better

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Just do one DC 

Nobody has called him more than me but we're where we are and atm positive signs are coming out of the club plus he seems to be allowing DM to manage the footballing side. Let's see if the embargo is lifted and accounts posted.