ALL WAGES PAID (NIXON)

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

That's how I've interpreted it. Disgraceful if true.  

DC has said on more than one occasion that clubs need help from the EFL and the Government to survive through the pandemic, it makes you wonder if he's been on a one man campaign to force the authorities hand.

One thing the last 6 years has shown us is DC's incredible stubborn.

Wouldn’t put it past him would you.

I just hope we can stop the madness now. The damage has been done already but please let’s just try and resemble a football club moving forward.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Not gonna join in with the criticism

This is a positive development - and we should all be grateful that the Chairman has found the cash to do this and ensure the club (hopefully) won't face any firther points deductions, and (hopefully) can now submit the accounts and give the manager some space to build the squad for the new season.

Fingers crossed the fans won't be waiting too much longer for the refunds too.

One step at a time. 

To be honest its sort of counterproductive all this doom and negativity! Yes we all want DC out or 95%. But anyone who dare have any ounce of positive fibre in them is lamblasted as a UBER fan or DC arse licker.

Its just childish and sad tbh. Cant we all just appreciate any little bit of good news whether it be miniscule or irrelevant in terms of other clubs business. Instead of constant barrage of abuse towards our own fans. Unfortunately DC aint going anywhere so lets try positives when they come god knows we need it. Together as one. UTO.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JOHNHARKES said:

To be honest its sort of counterproductive all this doom and negativity! Yes we all want DC out or 95%. But anyone who dare have any ounce of positive fibre in them is lamblasted as a UBER fan or DC arse licker. 

No they're not - stop being overdramatic

It's good news, it's positive and we should all welcome it

Next step - fan refunds and getting some players in

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean...if it turned out it was all a big strop and not that he's skint, then that's even worse! 

Plus, if he's so loaded, why take out that loan or whatever it was with the fella down South?

For me it's never been about how much money Chansiri has. Until we know either way, speculation on his personal fortune and how much of it has been wasted with us is a bit of a waste of time. 

The issue has always been about his general competence, willingness to listen to advice on how that money is spent, ability to invest it properly via ill thought out "creative" schemes, ability to maximise the clubs revenue by a sensible approach to transfers etc..

The two are different issues for me. I assume he is still wadded, but it makes no difference to us based on 6 years of evidence with any of the above.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Doesn't a little part of you wish some of those players had got diddly squat though??

Nope. I wish they had been paid on time which would probably mean we would now be preparing for a champions season and not a league 1 season.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Nixon indicating money not an issue for Chansiri, which makes this entire farce baffling if true. 

What possible explanation is there for Chansiri doing this? 

It does seem odd Nixon saying that.

I suppose it's possible that he has money but it's tied up in other businesses, or as someone suggested earlier he is struggling to get it out of Thailand ?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Nixon indicating money not an issue for Chansiri, which makes this entire farce baffling if true. 

What possible explanation is there for Chansiri doing this? 

1 of 3 reasons as I can see

He’s had to dispose of other assets to release capital

Issues with getting money out of Thailand

Hes been playing silly sods and thrown his toys out of the pram

Im hoping it’s one of the first 2 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Probably a combination of all three!

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

One or two posters on here indicated the other week that DC was in the process of selling other assets to fund the club.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

I suppose it's possible that he has money but it's tied up in other businesses, or as someone suggested earlier he is struggling to get it out of Thailand ?

Just been reading about the uprising in Thailand which started in late 2019.

The emergency laws introduced to combat it and money laundering issues. 

Could be a reason struggling to get cash out of Thailand, could mean nothing also and there is no problem getting cash out but I’d lean towards that he’s struggling to get it out of the country. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Excellent news and long overdue.

DC now needs to see his role as a financial backstop to some extent.  Get the club to a BAU position of being self funding - not easy given the stadium/ loans situation - and devolve footballing responsibility to someone else. Hopefully a well run club that isn't making losses, and is able to grow and sell good young players can be basis for us to rebuild and challenge at some point for promotion.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
25 minutes ago, mogbad said:

One or two posters on here indicated the other week that DC was in the process of selling other assets to fund the club.

That says it all about his business acumen though, doesn’t it? What sane businessman sells other (I presume better-performing) assets to fund a failing one that he hasn’t got a scooby how to run?!

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No they're not - stop being overdramatic

It's good news, it's positive and we should all welcome it

Next step - fan refunds and getting some players 

Not being overdramatic Neil just sick of negative news theres enough in the world we live in to begin with. 

Agree re refunds. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1