ALL WAGES PAID (NIXON)

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Think you may've got your Chairman Dave's mixed up mate!

Richards left us in 1999, 22 years ago.  Since him, we've had Hulley, Culley, Strafford (sp), Allen, Manderic and Chansiri as chairmen.  

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Think you may've got your Chairman Dave's mixed up mate!

Unless you tell me something I don't know I would say Dave Richards has even less responsibility then Dave Allen for our current situation.

Gap of over 15 years from Dave Richards stepping down as Chairman to Chansiri taking over.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Unless you tell me something I don't know I would say Dave Richards has even less responsibility then Dave Allen for our current situation.

Gap of over 15 years from Dave Richards stepping down as Chairman to Chansiri taking over.

If he hadn’t used the Di Casio situation to further his own ambitions and resolved it to the benefit of the club, we probably wouldn’t have been relegated from the PL, faced 10 years of misery which ended with the club facing a winding up order.  
His actions led directly to Chansiri being able to gain control of the club. I consider him the number one architect of our downfall.  All to feather his own nest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sham67 said:

If he hadn’t used the Di Casio situation to further his own ambitions and resolved it to the benefit of the club, we probably wouldn’t have been relegated from the PL, faced 10 years of misery which ended with the club facing a winding up order.  
His actions led directly to Chansiri being able to gain control of the club. I consider him the number one architect of our downfall.  All to feather his own nest.

I think it was Bert McGee we should be looking at here

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Now that is spot on but I will add that we have had more than our fair share of incompetent leaders since he left. That saddled with poor players = where we are now

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it was Bert McGee we should be looking at here

He had his faults Neil but he wasn't that bad as the Chairman - we lived within our means but you could argue he cost us challenging at the top table (not backing Wilko), Dave Richards then played ******** for tat in not giving Big Ron a contract renewal and the rest they say is history

• Like 2

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

He had his faults Neil but he wasn't that bad as the Chairman - we lived within our means but you could argue he cost us challenging at the top table (not backing Wilko), Dave Richards then played ******** for tat in not giving Big Ron a contract renewal and the rest they say is history

I was being ultra sarcastic with the McGee thing mate - because for some bizarre reason we're starting to go down history's path to try and find someone to attach blame to 

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I agree with you. If you compare the actions of our club against the actions of Man Utd overthe Cantana Kung Fu. They threw a protective ring around him. We threw De Canio to the Wolves. Dave Allen was only interested i how he could climb the greasy F.A pole.

• Like 2

Just now, MallorcaOwl said:

I agree with you. If you compare the actions of our club against the actions of Man Utd overthe Cantana Kung Fu. They threw a protective ring around him. We threw De Canio to the Wolves. Dave Allen was only interested i how he could climb the greasy F.A pole.

I'm getting VERY confused with the Dave's here now

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I was being ultra sarcastic with the McGee thing mate - because for some bizarre reason we're starting to go down history's path to try and find someone to attach blame to 

lol

I thought you were but you can never be too careful these days :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

This is so far-fetched and so much time as passed that you can't possibly link the two.  May as well blame Richards for the boiler not working for the Swansea game if everything comes back to the di Canio incident.  

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

I don't think that we should be looking for blame. We should however hold our Directors and Chairmen accountable for their actions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Exactly you can trace it all back to DR. We had every chance to be a force in the premier for many years, but Dave Richards put his own ambitions above the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Disagree.

Not defending any other Chairman / Owners we have had in the past but IMO Chansiri is the worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday in my lifetime.

sorry i was thinking most on here were adults.Sorry,my mistake.

• Like 1