Jump to content

ENGLAND vs DENMARK - Semi Final - Official Matchday Thread


Recommended Posts

soft penalty...but sod it...hard luck Denmark...f.ook off...I'm honestly not bothered as long as it comes home...bloody awful year Covid, relegation...beat the Italians 1-0 off aan offside stray dog...I'm not mithered...bring it home ENGLAND!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Two things.

 

The game changed when Grealish came on.

 

The game changed when Grealish went off.


JG scares the opposition, I’ve never seen a player fouled so often.
 

The formation changed when GS bought on KT and switched to 3 at the back and wingbacks. It actually made it a little uncomfortable for a few minutes until we settled again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Owl247 said:

Obviously I am happy having never seen England in a major final, but we were so average tonight and will need to be much better in the final.   Having Italian heritage I am well aware of how good Italy are at winning finals and this Italian side are very good at grinding out results 

We weren't average,apart from a 20 minute spell, we bossed it

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Morepork said:


JG scares the opposition, I’ve never seen a player fouled so often.
 

The formation changed when GS bought on KT and switched to 3 at the back and wingbacks. It actually made it a little uncomfortable for a few minutes until we settled again.

I could understand the caution, but thought we were bossing it in extra time...made it very nervy

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I could understand the caution, but thought we were bossing it in extra time...made it very nervy


Same here, it just risked giving them a foothold when they looked all but done. Anyway who are we to question GS……lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:


Same here, it just risked giving them a foothold when the looked all but done. Anyway who are we to question GS……lol

 

Exactly.

 

It was a poor decision IMO though, we were totally in control with Grealish on.

 

That said, we won, so you are right, who are we to question Southgate.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

We weren't average,apart from a 20 minute spell, we bossed it

All about opinions mate, but no way we bossed it 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their free kick was soft albeit a great strike 

 

Kane should have had a Pen .

 

Deserved win 

on to the next game 

well done Gareth and boys 

5 minutes ago, Owl247 said:

All about opinions mate, but no way we bossed it 

Yea all about opinions but you are wrong 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get in Owlstalkers

 

This happens at best once in a lifetime. Where were you when England beat Germany in this tournament, smashed Ukraine, drew with Scotland (forget that one)?

 

Sunday is going to be spectacular. Breathe it in. Enjoy it. 

 

Once in a lifetime.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

We weren't average,apart from a 20 minute spell, we bossed it

Yep. We played well tonight. Our possession play at times was fantastic, we kept and moved the ball well, looked threatening up front.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We might end up winning this tournament but I still don’t like the tactics. 
 

Loved how we played against Ukraine. And last 25 mins against Germany. And first half of extra time tonight. 
 

No coincidence this is when we have our attacking options on.. would like to see us play like that throughout and let the opposition worry about us instead.

 

Feel like our approach leaves a lot to luck if you don’t get the breaks in a game. Thankfully we’ve had the breaks in all of our knockout games so far 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We might end up winning this tournament but I still don’t like the tactics. 
 

Loved how we played against Ukraine. And last 25 mins against Germany. And first half of extra time tonight. 
 

No coincidence this is when we have our attacking options on.. would like to see us play like that throughout and let the opposition worry about us instead.

 

Feel like our approach leaves a lot to luck if you don’t get the breaks in a game. Thankfully we’ve had the breaks in all of our knockout games so far 

 

Every team have their breaks. We have played as well as anyone, and if you held every team under the same microscopic investigation you hold England too you would recognise their flaws too.

 

Italy will be very difficult to beat and if we do beat them, then we are worthy winners.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats England, deserved to win with the amount of pressure you put on Denmark throughout the game. But, man of the match, Schmeichel... you should feel lucky it didn't go to penalties, that would have been grueling and I could definitely see him being hero of the night then. BUT, who cares, you decided the game in extra time, come on England, beat Italy too, please! 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic result last night.  

 

On a personal level, great to see my kids so excited cheering on the England team in front of the tv.  I would love them to see a successful Wednesday team playing good football as I had the privilege to watch as a youngster under the Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson and Francis years.

 

Incredibly tough game against Italy who have arguably been the best team of the tournament and deserve to be in the final like England.  Winning trophies is not meant to be easy but if we play well and have a bit of good fortune we can win this.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Were  Denmark a tougher opponent or did we make hard work of it?

A bit of both perhaps.

Denmark played very well and passed the ball brilliantly. But they are still Brentford plus Dohlberg. And he had plenty of chances. 
schmeichel is starting to look like the best keeper in the world whilst Pickford began to look a bit erratic.  we weren’t quite able to reach peak form.
I was surprised that he left Sancho out.  saka wasn’t quite as good imo.

But our former Ram, Mason Mount played very well 

Grealish was ok. A bit slow and casual  but he would have created something for us if allowed to play on.
we played very well at times but a soft penalty is ultimately a slightly disappointing way to win.


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

Were  Denmark a tougher opponent or did we make hard work of it?

A bit of both perhaps.

Denmark played very well and passed the ball brilliantly. But they are still Brentford plus Dohlberg. And he had plenty of chances. 
schmeichel is starting to look like the best keeper in the world whilst Pickford began to look a bit erratic.  we weren’t quite able to reach peak form.
I was surprised that he left Sancho out.  saka wasn’t quite as good imo.

But our former Ram, Mason Mount played very well 

Grealish was ok. A bit slow and casual  but he would have created something for us if allowed to play on.
we played very well at times but a soft penalty is ultimately a slightly disappointing way to win.


 

In a tournament of exemplary refereeing I thought last night's referee was pretty poor all evening.

IMO England were the better team though and well deserved the win. 

Sunday should be very special.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have just a good a chance as Italy. I can’t help but think the way they have been playing, high intensity from minute 1, they have burned themselves out. We have grown into the tournament and also have a wider choice of players to bring on. Similar to last night, if it went to extra time I would fancy us. Other teams don’t have the same strength in depth as us. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...