Ipswich Town in for Chey Dunkley

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

If there is legs in this and a fee involved sell all day long.

Lets be honest been a poor signing, injured both prior and after signing and when he played didnt look great. If we were to make profit on this, get his wages off the books this is a fantastic move for all.

Absolutely correct.  

If we can make a tidy profit, then it is a win win situation for us.  

• Like 2

I would be happy to sell him.  That performance against Derby was horrific.  We were relegated for a multitude of reasons but that performance by Dunkley against Derby cost us survival.  Very harsh but true.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Marro said:

I would be happy to sell him.  That performance against Derby was horrific.  We were relegated for a multitude of reasons but that performance by Dunkley against Derby cost us survival.  Very harsh but true.

Thing is, he’s a league one player and that’s where we now are. I think we have to have some course and distance league one players mixed with some who can make the step up should we get promoted? Megson’s mix was almost perfect.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2021 at 17:34, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, if we are planning to remain in league one, he’s a decent player in this league. But never a championship player. 

There’s nobody at the club that is a Championship player!😳

Dunkley has experience of (winning) the 3rd division

Need to a plan for the current season not one may / may not be in in 12 months

• Like 1

Signing this guy with a broken leg and releasing Tom Lees just about sums the club at the moment 

If we can get rid we have swum the Chanel 

Forget getting a fee just be grateful someone else would take him on 

23 hours ago, Jim said:

Thing is, he’s a league one player and that’s where we now are. I think we have to have some course and distance league one players mixed with some who can make the step up should we get promoted? Megson’s mix was almost perfect.

I note what you say and accept that our position means we will have league 1 players but can the lad defend at this level? 

22 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

he was brought back into the Derby game with very little fitness

Yes. If the pre-season sees him regaining full fitness at the same level as the others then he can be a key player.

Last season's circumstances led to him likely being brought back before he was ready IMO. If he leaves I'd want to see us receive a decent fee.

32 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes. If the pre-season sees him regaining full fitness at the same level as the others then he can be a key player.

Last season's circumstances led to him likely being brought back before he was ready IMO. If he leaves I'd want to see us receive a decent fee.

Remember how his name just suddenly appeared in the starting XI without any of us knowing that he was even fit enough to train. There was no way of seeing him ready for first team action so soon after that injury. That's why I'm willing to give him the first half of the season to show if he's got something.

Edited by FinnishOwl

22 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Signing this guy with a broken leg and releasing Tom Lees just about sums the club at the moment 

No wonder the finances are dire if we’re swimming in Chanel 🤔

Think we need to reset on our judgement of players. Last season was horrific on all fronts. Dunkley, like all the players in the squad, should be given a chance to prove his worth this season imo.

I’m not suggesting we don’t sell if the price is right btw. None of the squad are irreplaceable imo.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 06/07/2021 at 04:59, Jim said:

The mix was the manager wasn’t!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
23 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

You do realize these two things happened at completely different times right? In no way are the two connected!