EFL to go in hard on SWFC

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And another 

Wrong

I am definitely not a Chansiri fanboy, just find it amusing how a story that merely seems to speculate becomes the basis of so many responses.

For example many are quoting financial irregularities and the accounts have not yet been published.  

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Minesapint said:

Wrong

I am definitely not a Chansiri fanboy, just find it amusing how a story that merely seems to speculate becomes the basis of so many responses.

For example many are quoting financial irregularities and the accounts have not yet been published.  

I wasn't picking you per se - It was just that your post appeared so quickly after I was suggesting people were quick to deny any story which then generally turn out to be true

2 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

Wrong

I submit my accounts on time every year, even during a pandemic. It's quite easy when you have nothing to hide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Seeing as we are now in a different league, with different FFP rules to the championship (wages no more than 80% of turnover now, rather than the £39m loss) this can't be a continuation of the previous case. 

Derby will be getting dry-shafted once they resubmit their last 3 years accounts, expect a 20+ points deduction there.

We are probably falling foul of the players missing payments OR we are lumped in with the other 8 clubs who took advantage of the late accounts filing covid rules the government brought in. The same reason 10 clubs were placed in embargo at the end of last year. This is not new, breaking news, just Nixon filling a slow week with the transfer window being so slow due to the Euros. 

The delayed accounts scheme was also taken up by the EFL by the way...

EFL financial fair play rules for the Championship apply to us until we fulfill our obligations from the previous season.

The rest I agree with, it will be down to the late accounts and the non-payments, which still hang over us in relation to those who have now left. 

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Maybe the EFL are out to make an example of somebody.

DEFINITELY

That's 100% what it is

I once heard Seth Bennett say he wouldn't rest until he and Gary Lineker could convince the EFL to just pick on someone for not reason at all but just to make an example of them

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Think this is bigger issue than just wages, Steve Gibson and the EFL are now absolutely hell bent on punishing owners and clubs they don’t think fit the values of the EFL , from here on in it only gets worse 

The owner needs to sell, ASAP , the EFL won’t let this drop until he does 

Good old Middlesbrough, defending the honour of financial fair play.

Lost over £30M in their 2020 accounts (prior to pandemic) having seen their parachute payments stop. 

18 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Chansiri sold the stadium to himself for an amount vastly over what it is worth in order to try and cheat his way around P&S rules.  There was a loophole in the rules that allowed him to do so (which has since been closed) which means he would only have been breaking the spirit of the rules rather than the letter.  However he couldn't even get this right resulting in failure to use the loophole properly and opening the club up to being punished.

It's not really relevant to any current breaches which I imagine are down to failure to actually honour players contracts and yet again failing to submit accounts on time.

How do you know that?

Imagine you are the organisation responsible for making sure that football clubs are run in a sustainable manner to ensure future generations will be able to enjoy them.

A particular club/owner has demonstrated he has nothing but contempt for your rules from day one, clearly viewing them as nothing more than a challenge for him to 'cleverly' get around rather than something that he should even pay lip service to trying to follow.  And he's doing it in such a massively stupid and cack-handed way that he obviously thinks you are complete mugs.  And he STILL makes no attempt to follow your rules even after you punish him.

What would YOU do in that scenario?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, owlinexile said:

Imagine you are the organisation responsible for making sure that football clubs are run in a sustainable manner to ensure future generations will be able to enjoy them.

A particular club/owner has demonstrated he has nothing but contempt for your rules from day one, clearly viewing them as nothing more than a challenge for him to 'cleverly' get around rather than something that he should even pay lip service to trying to follow.  And he's doing it in such a massively stupid and cack-handed way that he obviously thinks you are complete mugs.  And he STILL makes no attempt to follow your rules even after you punish him.

What would YOU do in that scenario?

Call in the hit squad

Seth Bennett, Boy George and Gary Lineker

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

league two, followed by national league and below in coming in the next 5 seasons for Wednesday,     

I see you are an optimist. lol

Let's take it one season at a time. That looks bad enough. No need to look further ahead.

3 hours ago, zorbatheowl said:

So the EFL are going hard on Derby and SWFC. The same EFL who are not appealing Derbys recent case ?

Why get involved in (expensive) appeals / litigation when they can ‘fettle’ (punish) them with a (massive 😳) points deduction that effectively relegates em anyhow

(with the added bonus of not having upstarts like Wycombe in their ‘premier’ competition🤔)

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, pioowl said:

I take it that you are not actually aware of the rule/law.

You are a tad confused, you asked to be “advised” , I did.

3 hours ago, wmb said:

Who are the other 10 clubs? Nixon has put Wednesday and Derby in the headlines to get a few clicks. No doubt there’s issues but if you are going to print something like that you should give some facts. It feels like he’s reaching here. 

He’s not “reaching” (clutching ?) half as far as you😉

• Like 1