EFL to go in hard on SWFC

Other than the one liner from Nixon does anybody know what the EFL are doing and why? Lots of people doing usual spouting off about stuff with very little information.

When it came to the sale of the stadium people were doing a similar thing. There was all the usual bullshit about a vendetta,  and then it emerged far from picking on us the EFL tried to help Wednesday through the technicalities of the sale and we, for whatever reason, ploughed our own incompetent furrow. 

And here we go again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'll wait to see the details before having a hissy fit.

As we stand accounts are outstanding and so are some wages, therefore obvious  EFL would have concerns about further spending, in accordance with the restrictions applied under embargo.

Once accounts submitted and wages paid off, don't see what EFL can do. The stadium sale will be moved into the following year, so even less of an issue with FFP, notwithstanding the fact that we are now in L1 subject to different spending regulations.

Looks like Chansiri in no rush, happy to sanction recruitment of youth players under current EFL allowances re wages etc for the time being with any experienced players being added late in the window. Not a strategy I agree with but it's what he does. 

30 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I accept it is all DCs fault etc, but the EFL are an absolute shambles of an organisation. Who is going to benefit from this charade? Do they intend to relegate 10 clubs? What about the fans, the innocent parties in this, how are the EFL looking after them, continually punishing their clubs…

Its a massive mess and I bet Nixon couldn’t wait to get this out.

They seem to be using the rules that aim to stop clubs getting into trouble, to get clubs into trouble.  

Admittedly, we haven’t helped ourselves. 

• Like 1

Still waiting for wolves and Leicester being punished for breaking ffp 

O ye right they are now well established  Premier league teams ,so the EFL won't wanna upset the 'big boys'

Footballs a f#ckin joke these days 

It's what happens in the court rooms not what happens on the pitch 

If you wanna punishe chansiri fine punish the usless b#stard but leave my f#ckin club out of it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Meanwhile………where’s Dejphon??? You absolute be!!end. 

A4B1F41C-BF79-4E7B-BB94-3087C228528D.jpeg

Very clever use of exclamation marks there … well done. Could you post a few more examples please so that our true anguish can be expressed and not moderated by replacements like “ tail” etc. Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's never ending.

What is the end game? Will they only be happy when they've put certain clubs out of business?

I'm not going to defend some of the stuff we've done, but it us quite laughable how we are continually punished, yet the big 6 get slapped with paltry fines for trying to destroy English football.

It does seem totally ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Very clever use of exclamation marks there … well done. Could you post a few more examples please so that our true anguish can be expressed and not moderated by replacements like “ tail” etc. Thanks in advance.

I don’t want to draw attention to my workarounds……we’re being watched!! 

• Haha 1

Guest OwlPastie

Don't worry, they can't do anything. They can't deduct points as it would punish the wrong people. 

33 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

God this stinks. What has happened to football? Unless you sit at the top might as well not bother trying to compete. One thing after another it’s enough to drain a fan.

You do realise we cheated with the stadium sale. Blame the owner. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Still waiting for wolves and Leicester being punished for breaking ffp 

O ye right they are now well established  Premier league teams ,so the EFL won't wanna upset the 'big boys'

Footballs a f#ckin joke these days 

It's what happens in the court rooms not what happens on the pitch 

If you wanna punishe chansiri fine punish the usless b#stard but leave my f#ckin club out of it 

The EFL can't punish Leicester or Wolves because they are not part of the EFL.

Just like how Chansiri was planning to poo on all the EFL's rules and get away with it by being promoted beyond the reach of their punishment.

Unfortunately for both him and SWFC he is as incompetent as he is dishonest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Vicious cycle and I don’t see how else it ends other than us being done.

Footballs becoming about politics and what happens off the pitch rather than on it and I hate it. 

It ends the day we stick to the rules, rather than continually break them to mitigate punishments from previous rule breaking .

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I know EFL must act, but realistically whom are they helping by not letting us sign players and having points deductions ?

We got points deducted, get relegated and our cook, cleaning lady, etc... lose their jobs. Will EFL offer to give them wages they lost ?

There are so many footballers without job and you forbid clubs to sign players ? How that makes sense ?!

Punishment for owners failings should punish owners, not employees and fans.

• Like 9