EFL to go in hard on SWFC

Just now, Pieman said:

I’m glad I took the time to type out my point of view, it really resonated in the thread 🤣

No problem mate....but facts are facts....We play under rules..we broke them , we got relegated....It makes not an iota of difference if Marks an' Spencer have different rules...Nor whether we think the EFL rules are fair....Chansiri has broken them, may have broken them again..You know the rules when you join the league....There is no excuse for this mess...and it lays squarely at one mans door...and though some may not like such as Waddle commenting on it...Doesn't make Waddle wrong does it?

Chansiri is sadly,      a f.ookin' car crash

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Yes, agreed. They gave us a 6 point penalty and we have been relegated as a consequence.

What now are they going ‘hard’ at us for? Given the article cites 10 clubs, these are the ten clubs who followed Government guidelines on accounting periods, recognising the worst issue to hit this country since WWII, which the EFL also took up this option and delayed the filing of their accounts with HMRC. Even though the EFL took up this option, they didn’t change their rules to reflect this, contrary to Govt advice. There is no suggestion from the EFL when we do file them, that we are in breach of anything.

So, recognising the pandemic, our Govt gives 2 million businesses some breathing space to deal with the consequences of this financial year, which are many and varied. The EFL, as a challenged business takes up the offer, as do 10 EFL clubs. This is not acceptable to the EFL who presumably will place us under a transfer embargo? Presumably, ignoring the pandemic trivial as it has been, as a repeat offender, we are given a ‘hard’ embargo. 

Given it is the clubs who set the rules, I presume Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Rotherham, Wigan, etc have voted for this and asked the EFL to ensure we cannot sign any players. As bad as we are at filing accounts and getting our house in order, I repeat the EFL is a shambles and this kind of double standards and allowing the turkeys to cancel Christmas, is a joke.

Just one solution, stick to the rules

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, the third man said:

Thats how simple it is...Thats how simple it would have been to avoid relegation last year...I mean....whats to bloody think about????

Here we are now...some of the sodding fan base wanting refunds...others not going til they get the POTG prices...Players leaving...and when a journalist or ex player, points it out...We get angry??

Its pointed out cos its a total mess...You don't have to be a journalist nor an ex player to see it...You simply have to be over 8yrs old FFS!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

It's bizarre that you have to actually post this isn't it

I think something has happened mentally to our fanbase where some kind of Stockholm Syndrome has set in and the actual obvious facts are just being pushed aside and instead messengers are getting shot, pundits are getting attacked, sports writers are getting blamed, ex players are getting criticised and called names, ex managers are getting ridiculed, football experts are being derided

And the ONLY people (the only ones) still defending this Chairman in the face of all the evidence, all the facts, all the undeniable history (or trying to), is a handful of Sheffield Wednesday fans who just won't accept it or who just deny it

It's really really weird

Very weird

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Yes, agreed. They gave us a 6 point penalty and we have been relegated as a consequence.

The reason we got the penalty relegated us, and we all know whose fault that is, and its not the EFL or the players

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No problem mate....but facts are facts....We play under rules..we broke them , we got relegated....It makes not an iota of difference if Marks an' Spencer have different rules...Nor whether we think the EFL rules are fair....Chansiri has broken them, may have broken them again..You know the rules when you join the league....There is no excuse for this mess...and it lays squarely at one mans door...and though some may not like such as Waddle commenting on it...Doesn't make Waddle wrong does it?

Chansiri is sadly,      a f.ookin' car crash

But that isn’t anything to do with my points. Im not questioning we broke the rules. I’m questioning the rule maker.

Just now, Pieman said:

But that isn’t anything to do with my points. Im not questioning we broke the rules. I’m questioning the rule maker.

We are the rule makers, along with the other 71 EFL clubs

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Pieman said:

Then you question them BEFORE you join the sodding party mate....

I might play a game of poker...and say..."My rules are a pair jacks..beats 4 Kings"...You say "OK"..sign up for it..then mump about it when you have 4 Kings and I have a pair of jacks

Its a ridiculous idea...but you signed up for it...

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Then you question them BEFORE you join the sodding party mate....

I might play a game of poker...and say..."My rules are a pair jacks..beats 4 Kings"...You say "OK"..sign up for it..then mump about it when you have 4 Kings and I have a pair of jacks

Its a ridiculous idea...but you signed up for it...

Er no. The rules changed in the middle of the game. It was called Covid. Ask the FD of the EFL, he understands the difficulties…

Just now, @owlstalk said:

BUT MUMMY HE THREW STONES TOO WHY ISN"T HE GETTING SENT TO BED TOO?

No. MUMMY YOURE THROWING STONES, WHY CANT I?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Er no. The rules changed in the middle of the game. It was called Covid. Ask the FD of the EFL, he understands the difficulties…

Errr..No they didn't...The rules that relegated us were in place before Wuhan f.ookin' had the first sneeze

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2

Whoever came up with the whole 'EFL IS TO BLAME' has done a right number on our fans

Some of them will repeat it over and over and over no matter how many times they will be proven to be wrong

Well done whoever it was

(Think it was the uberfans)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Errr..No they didn't...The rules that relegated were in place before Wuhan f.ookin' had the first szeeze

Again, absolutely nothing to do with my point.