EFL to go in hard on SWFC

You know what, the EFL are full if it.

If there scrutiny for fit and proper person running a football club was better than it is, then this mess wouldn't even exist.

Try establishing if whoever is buying a club has more nous about them over than to show a balance in a bank account and an actual plan of 'we'll go for the PL in 2 seasons' approach then maybe these ridiculous sanctions wouldn't have to come into force. 

8 hours ago, Marro said:

Trouble is the EFLs actions / penalties do not help clubs or level the playing field.  It finished off clubs or sets them back at least 10 plus years.  The whole situation from how we as a club are run to the EFL stinks and the only losers are the fans.

Stick within the rules and that isn’t an issue.

• Like 1

Can not believe some of our fans blaming the EFL and saying think about the fans.

When our fans were dancing in the streets of York kissing Chansiri's ring piece all they could see was pounds signs. They didn't know hardly anything about him other than he was apparently loaded and we were going to be the next Leicester and leave Utd so far behind you would have needed the Hubble telescope to see them.

It really is very simple if you don't want to get into trouble with the EFL do what 95% of the other clubs do, file your accounts on time, pay your players on time, and if you sell any asset make sure they go in the correct years accounts. And if you are really struggling for money sell some players like other clubs do.

You break the rules you get punished it really is that simple.

We laughed at Utds new owner calling him the Poundland Prince, Bog roll Prince, who would you rather have as owner now.

If we have broken the rules then we deserve to be punished and there is only one person to blame and its not the EFL.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marpals said:

Can not believe some of our fans blaming the EFL and saying think about the fans.

When our fans were dancing in the streets of York kissing Chansiri's ring piece all they could see was pounds signs. They didn't know hardly anything about him other than he was apparently loaded and we were going to be the next Leicester and leave Utd so far behind you would have needed the Hubble telescope to see them.

It really is very simple if you don't want to get into trouble with the EFL do what 95% of the other clubs do, file your accounts on time, pay your players on time, and if you sell any asset make sure they go in the correct years accounts. And if you are really struggling for money sell some players like other clubs do.

You break the rules you get punished it really is that simple.

We laughed at Utds new owner calling him the Poundland Prince, Bog roll Prince, who would you rather have as owner now.

If we have broken the rules then we deserve to be punished and there is only one person to blame and its not the EFL.

Yes and that person is Lee bullen

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

You know what, the EFL are full if it.

If there scrutiny for fit and proper person running a football club was better than it is, then this mess wouldn't even exist.

Try establishing if whoever is buying a club has more nous about them over than to show a balance in a bank account and an actual plan of 'we'll go for the PL in 2 seasons' approach then maybe these ridiculous sanctions wouldn't have to come into force. 

Aye but in 2015, 2016 & 2017 (?) there were no (obvious) red flags

As in any such ‘assessment’ you can only go on history & (described / presented) current circumstances, short of DC stating ‘I’m a nut job feckwit’ what could / would have been anticipated?

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Yes but your consistently throwing that in to the pot, as if to say "there's no issue because it's not come out yet"

But that's not how these things work. They start off with a 'there's an issue' and then drip info out as and when they get stuff confirmed.

And they generally don't start with the info until they know there will be more.

The 'no smoke without fire' thing. And we've seen more smoke in the last few years than ever before. And plenty of fire to follow it.

You can't go pointing at people and accusing them of ******ing furiously when there's something negative. Or suggesting it's wrong for them to boycott Hillsboro of that's the only way they can think of to register their discontent with the Chairman.

I can't think of any other way.

People are genuinely worried about the future of our club. Really very worried.

And please don't suggest that SWFC is separate to DC. That's rubbish. Everything that's happening at the club is down to him. Even paying the milkman. Literally everything. 

He and the club are one and the same. 

He and the club are one and the same.

Exactly why we should be very worried.

• Love 2

Nixon’s latest tweet, reference the owners mindset and appetite to pay the bills is bang on, wants out

The owlstalk myth of him been potless will carry on been turned out though I’m sure 

10 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Vicious cycle and I don’t see how else it ends other than us being done.

Footballs becoming about politics and what happens off the pitch rather than on it and I hate it. 

Done lol, reign it in.

We do a Portsmouth and come out better than the unsustainable house of cards that has been the club for years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Vicious cycle and I don’t see how else it ends other than us being done.

Footballs becoming about politics and what happens off the pitch rather than on it and I hate it. 

Of course, the club will be playing trade in the low bowels of league action for quite some time, but I'm looking forward to football for football's sake 

And being rid of DC, shadowy advisors, agents and everyone else

• Thanks 1

What I find odd is that someone can post that Chansiri is an awful chairman, is damaging the club, we'd be better off without him and the things he has done over the last 5 years have been horrific and you'll actually really truly get someone trying to argue that statement

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

A forced wage cap would be a much better punishment, but I’m sure the EFL and Steve will see a points deduction been the way forwards 

4 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

But he didn’t do any of those things, let’s just stick to facts please. 

it like looking back at an ex and saying she was great she only fizzed one of my mate but my current misses is ******** them all. 

Sorry mate didn't realise she was married. Wont do it again.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What I find odd is that someone can post that Chansiri is an awful chairman, is damaging the club, we'd be better off without him and the things he has done over the last 5 years have been horrific and you'll actually really truly get someone trying to argue that statement

You cant argue with delusional people.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Appears there’s a lot of “odd” on here 😳😉