EFL to go in hard on SWFC

6 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

So let me get this right, we try to sort out the finances and that combined with a points deduction relegates us..

So we are in a lower league which means less income so we need to sort out the finances again, but because we are going to go over it we get points deduction again...

Is that not double jeopardy.

I can understand why they might have it in for Derby as they got away with it, surely we have been punished enough and are trying to balance the books. 

My thoughts exactly. How are we ever supposed to get out of this? We've paid peanuts for the past few seasons on any new signings, got rid of most of the high earners, had very little money incoming for the past year and a half due to the pandemic,  etc. What do they want us to do? Have they ever thought of actually helping clubs or are they just there to punish them?

Jesus, this lot have less heart than the government and that's saying something. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

It is not the EFL fault but the current checks in place are not fit for purpose.

here an example for.

You hire a guy to drive the school bus with a driving licence he passes what you need for the job.

But he regularly turns up for work drunk, and had a few near missed with kids on the bus.

Do you keep him on as hes got a driving license or do you the people in charge intervene and remove him.

I’d make my kids walk to school (on a different route to the bus)😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

It is not the EFL fault but the current checks in place are not fit for purpose.

here an example for.

You hire a guy to drive the school bus with a driving licence he passes what you need for the job.

But he regularly turns up for work drunk, and had a few near missed with kids on the bus.

Do you keep him on as hes got a driving license or do you the people in charge intervene and remove him.

Is he THIS drunk tho??

Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 14.56.06.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Sorry mate I haven’t got a scooby.

That's just how he likes it, operates in the shadows, with Gibson and Prince William as his puppets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Grandadis right. A pattern has developed involving revelation, denial and excuses. Time and time again it’s been shown whether it involves embargoes, points deductions or wage issues there’s a leak to the press that people won’t believe until the club - which is deliberately terrible about releasing details - confirms it. I just think now the presumption has to be the story is broadly right until the club disproves it.

In this case we don’t know exactly what the issues are - but we can assume it’s not likely to be pretty. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Grandad
44 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

All I’m trying to find out is what specifically is the issue that they are going hard after us and 9 other clubs. 

Yes but your consistently throwing that in to the pot, as if to say "there's no issue because it's not come out yet"

But that's not how these things work. They start off with a 'there's an issue' and then drip info out as and when they get stuff confirmed.

And they generally don't start with the info until they know there will be more.

The 'no smoke without fire' thing. And we've seen more smoke in the last few years than ever before. And plenty of fire to follow it.

You can't go pointing at people and accusing them of ******ing furiously when there's something negative. Or suggesting it's wrong for them to boycott Hillsboro of that's the only way they can think of to register their discontent with the Chairman.

I can't think of any other way.

People are genuinely worried about the future of our club. Really very worried.

And please don't suggest that SWFC is separate to DC. That's rubbish. Everything that's happening at the club is down to him. Even paying the milkman. Literally everything. 

He and the club are one and the same. 

30 minutes ago, El Toro said:

First step would be to file the accounts. We all know they aren’t going to be very good so just get them filed.

It may not be that simple. He has to get the auditors to sign off on the basis that the business is a going concern. To do that he has convince them that he has the wherewithal and inclination to provide whatever funding the business will require until July 2022. Given the issues he has had with previous sets of accounts, the financial implications of relegation  and his struggles funding the business in recent months, it is unlikely that the auditors are taking an easy going attitude to all of this.

While we don't know what we've done yet or the potential punishment, there is absolutely no question who's fault it is. Should this turn into another points deduction, embargogeddon.

That happens it's another wasted season and fair play to those who have signed up to watch it.

This club eh.

• Like 1

Maybe he is stalling, pending an announcement re finance/ takeover. 

They wont give points back if we announce new owners, but maybe new owners with a plan can convince them a points deduction isn’t appropriate.

I really am clutching at straws now aren’t I?

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

.......And please don't suggest that SWFC is separate to DC. That's rubbish. Everything that's happening at the club is down to him. Even paying the milkman. Literally everything 

He and the club are one and the same. 

This, absolutely this.

Unpalatable  - aye, but indisputable.

He (like almost all owners / chairmen) is motivated by £ ( & perhaps some arrogance/ego)

SWFC (& EVERY other club) is, always has been,  a commodity / transaction - kiss the badge, hoist the scarf, promise the earth, until it’s no longer fun / feasible / viable, then take the (least worst) ‘hit’

He / they don’t give a monkeys chuff, there’ll by another ‘project’ soon

Similarly fans approach owners in the same fashion - I’ll have a gallon of your snake oil,  as long as you tell me what I (desperately) want to hear: ‘success’, but please don’t tell me ‘by any means possible’ (whether ill informed ill judged idiotic immoral or even illegal. 
Which clubs fans actually give a f1yingfuck about the source / origins of their ‘success’ or it’s provenance if they’re winning leagues @ cups?

Here a loaf of bread until your next trip to the circus

[& breathe]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

My thoughts exactly. How are we ever supposed to get out of this? We've paid peanuts for the past few seasons on any new signings, got rid of most of the high earners, had very little money incoming for the past year and a half due to the pandemic,  etc. What do they want us to do? Have they ever thought of actually helping clubs or are they just there to punish them?

Jesus, this lot have less heart than the government and that's saying something. 

They want us to cut our cloth according to how much revenue the club brings in and not spend unsustainably on transfers and wages, this landing the club with tonnes of debt.

Failing that, they want us to be a cautionary tale to make other clubs cut their cloth according to how much revenue the club brings in etc.

Profit and Sustainability.  The clue is in the name.

12 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I.e, if they can't make Chansiri behave, they can at least make other club owners think 'better not try and cheat our way around P&S, we don't want to end up like SWFC'

The prize is too big for success, there are already clubs that have reaped the benefits of cheating P&S, Wolves, Leicester, Villa etc

Only in true Wednesday style, we f'd it up and went all in, but did it half assed by bringing in bobbar like Rhodes, Fletcher, Jones, Abdi & Boyd and didn't go straight for the jackpot like the aforementioned clubs

Edited by Gob_Bluth