Barnsley subtly trolling Wednesday fans

2 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Can't really blame them, we'd be ragging them relentlessly if the boot was on the other foot, figuratively speaking. Literally speaking would be impossible, as the additional toe would rule out a straight swap.

We wouldn’t though. I don’t think many Wednesday fans would care or make fun of Barnsley if they were a division lower.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Notice I put the word 'subtly' in the thread title

You're proving my point 100%

It's 100% definitely trolling

I did notice that, yes. And I still know it’s not trolling. 

What Barnsley fans seem to forget is they were only in the championship last season due to Wigan getting a points deduction,otherwise they'd have slumped into the 1st division. Wonder if they'll be as good this coming season without their inspirational manager? 

• Like 1

Small club syndrome.

Like when the Blunts just called us Wednesday in their programme.

They can't help it.

And proves that despite all their protestations and even at our lowest ebb, they all still see us as the big dog which draws these cheap shots.

Can't ever remember SWFC officially doing anything like the above.

Fans, yes. The club?

Any examples? Happy to be proven wrong if so.

• Thanks 1

It's threads like this that just serve to illustrate what a massive chip we as a fanbase collectively have on our shoulders..

Truth is we are effectively a cr4p league 1 side run by a Clueless idiot and likely to remain so for the forseeable future assuming we don't drop further.

Having said that, it's not so long since clubs like Citeh, Leeds, Leicester and So'ton were at this level and Chelski, Villa, Newcastle were Championship clubs, so we can eventually get back.

The consolation is that like all other things Wednesday, the chip on our shoulder at least is Massive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Print it out on A1 paper, then highlight reference to League 1 and stick it in the dressing room so all players can see it.  Fire them up.

I would do this with every slight for motivation.  If and when we are ever successful I want us to be merciless against other teams including the 6 digit hillbillies.

• Like 1