Stadium sale loophole closed

34 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Thankfully we took full advantage of the loophole and took the opportunity to simply make a lot of average second tier footballers multi millionaires.

Actually I think it should read 

We had to sell the stadium because we made some very average second tier footballers multi millionaires

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Thankfully we took full advantage of the loophole and took the opportunity to simply make a lot of average second tier footballers multi millionaires.

Quite right. We're in a much better position having to pay significant rent for our own stadium.

Great news.  

Hopefully the beginning of more changes for the good.  

Next up, i would like to see more restrictions imposed on super agents operating under various guises and names.  Conflicts of interest and so on.  

And a final point, more should be done about the money laundering.  Get on top of that, then things should improve in the long run. 

Lovely to see so many knob jokes, always a winner.

But seriously, it's good news that this particular loophole has been stopped, but even better news that we managed to take advantage of it in time by top class incisive direction at the highest level and get one over on all our competitors. Oh, hang on a minute....

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Given the calamitous way DC went about the stadium sale the use of the word “circumcise” is more apt……..

Quite frankly in his case the use of the word 'castrated' would be the most appropriate!

• Like 1

According to replies to that thread Gibson at Boro competed a stadium sale for £75m last week and now they bring this in? Coincidentally timing...

Bearing in mind that Derby got in real trouble for over valuing their stadium when they sold it. I'm really struggling to see how a stadium in Middleborough is valued so much higher than a very similar stadium in Derby or Coventry

PriceOfFootball

@KieranMaguire

EFL clubs vote through rule changes to stop allowing clubs from selling their stadiums at a profit to circumcise FFP. Applies from 1 July 2021.

To be honest I think this will only apply to Spurs should they get relegated ....

• Haha 2