Jump to content

Do we have a team?


Recommended Posts

So presuming that given the pay issues we are unlikely to sign anyone...   Do we have enough of a team in reality, where are we totally desperate?

 

I am talking bare bones, like it would be great to get a keeper in but in reality we have two keepers so not going to happen..   If we needed too could we play a season with the players we currently have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

So presuming that given the pay issues we are unlikely to sign anyone...   Do we have enough of a team in reality, where are we totally desperate?

 

I am talking bare bones, like it would be great to get a keeper in but in reality we have two keepers so not going to happen..   If we needed too could we play a season with the players we currently have?

We will have to the way it’s going.
A few injuries and we’re in deep do do if the youngsters don’t step up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm probably a bit more optimistic than most as I reckon our fully fit first 11 (currently) is easily good enough for promotion this year....

 

                                          Wildsmith

 

                 Dunkley               Iorfa              Borner

 

Greene          Luongo         Hutch         Bannan        Hagan

 

                               Patterson        Windass

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

I'm probably a bit more optimistic than most as I reckon our fully fit first 11 (currently) is easily good enough for promotion this year....

 

                                          Wildsmith

 

                 Dunkley               Iorfa              Borner

 

Greene          Luongo         Hutch         Bannan        Hagan

 

                               Patterson        Windass

 

No chance for me. A squad gets you promoted over 46 games anyway. For me there are no goals and injuries all over the shop. Limited creativity there too. Smaller sides would eat that team alive. Mentally fragile. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

I'm probably a bit more optimistic than most as I reckon our fully fit first 11 (currently) is easily good enough for promotion this year....

 

                                          Wildsmith

 

                 Dunkley               Iorfa              Borner

 

Greene          Luongo         Hutch         Bannan        Hagan

 

                               Patterson        Windass

Have you taken account of substitutes? Can't see a few of them playing 90 minutes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

No chance for me. A squad gets you promoted over 46 games anyway. For me there are no goals and injuries all over the shop. Limited creativity there too. Smaller sides would eat that team alive. Mentally fragile. 

 

I could see 60 goals from them in Div1 and there are atleast 5 creatives players in there! I did say fully fit 1st 11...

 

22 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Have you taken account of substitutes? Can't see a few of them playing 90 minutes. 

 

I did say fully fit 1st 11...obviously we'd need cover

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

I'm probably a bit more optimistic than most as I reckon our fully fit first 11 (currently) is easily good enough for promotion this year....

 

                                          Wildsmith

 

                 Dunkley               Iorfa              Borner

 

Greene          Luongo         Hutch         Bannan        Hagan

 

                               Patterson        Windass

Borner will leave.

 

Hutch or Brennan can cover CB and Hunt or FDB in midfield would do though.

 

I'd prefer 4 at the back and historically so has Moore. Palmer is more than good enough as one full back but that leaves Galvin who has limited game time and then we're onto youngsters we've not really seen as cover there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

 

I could see 60 goals from them in Div1 and there are atleast 5 creatives players in there! I did say fully fit 1st 11...

5 creatives?

Can you please name 5 players in that squad that have managed 5 assists each in either of the last two seasons. Not even both of the last two seasons, just either.

Edited by StudentOwl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

So presuming that given the pay issues we are unlikely to sign anyone...   Do we have enough of a team in reality, where are we totally desperate?

 

I am talking bare bones, like it would be great to get a keeper in but in reality we have two keepers so not going to happen..   If we needed too could we play a season with the players we currently have?

Yes, we’ve got a decent starting 11 for this league and also a couple of subs, the rest would depend on who we sell, injuries and a few young uns stepping up....all is not lost...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Does the embargo allow us to bring loanees in? I genuinely don't know.

 

If yes, the club will leave it to the last minute and bring the maximum quota of loans in. No wages to pay and let the other team get them fit and keep them injury free. 

 

Which half decent players will want to come here? Darren Moore will have to be extremely persuasive but there's still no denying, it isn't the worst shop window to play in, from a purely footballing perspective.

Edited by Smackavolley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Does the embargo allow us to bring loanees in? I genuinely don't know.

 

If yes, the club will leave it to the last minute and bring the maximum quota of loans in. No wages to pay and let the other team get them fit and keep them injury free. 

 

Which half decent players will want to come here? Darren Moore will have to be extremely persuasive but there's still no denying, it isn't the worst shop window to play in, from a purely footballing perspective.

 

Good question..  Also if we are not paying anything for the loanees does that make a difference...

 

Maybe a few youngsters at prem teams might be interested.  Might be pot luck if they are any good but will definitely be error prone and lacking real match experience, but then thats why they go on loan to lower teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think we’re as bad as some people are trying to make out. We all want to give youth a chance this season but all I see is people demanding 8 or 9 experienced players signed up. 

For me we probably need a GK, LB, a number 10, a wide forward and a proper CF for the first team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it will be easy by any stretch but the way some people are talking it's like we are going into the European Super League with absolutely no chance.

I think we will do OK. I don't expect us to go up at the first attempt but I don't think we will be fighting it out in the basement battle either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I don’t think we’re as bad as some people are trying to make out. We all want to give youth a chance this season but all I see is people demanding 8 or 9 experienced players signed up. 

For me we probably need a GK, LB, a number 10, a wide forward and a proper CF for the first team. 

 

I dont disagree however cant see us getting a new GK seeing as we have 2, even if they are both a bit useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

 

I dont disagree however cant see us getting a new GK seeing as we have 2, even if they are both a bit useless.

I don’t think we’ll sign one either.
 

Hopefully if we can get a settled defence this year it might help Dawson or Wildsmith out a little bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just got a team

                           Wildsmith

         Palmer, Lofra, Hutchinson, Galvin

                      Luongo, Bannan

         Green, Paterson, Adeniran (Hopefully)

                              Windass

Subs:

Borner

Hagan

Adedoyin

Dawson

Hunt

+ youngesters

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...