Izzy Brown checks in at new club

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

I mean Chelsea would have been paying him in full and invoicing us for the agreed contribution but yeah. 

I think when we are discussing things like this that people think only those affected personally will be affected in terms of motivation 

That’s just not a realistic view at all

Im sure many people reading this will have at one time or another worked somewhere where colleagues have been mismanaged, treat poorly or unfairly and it is never ever the case that it won’t have affected your judgement and perception of that company or your own personal performance 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Why have we got threads about players, Brown and Marriott, who between them did nowt for us last season?

Yeah - you're right!
We should be talking about our current squad and all the things THEY did for us last season!

Off you go - looking forward to your new threads you start

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - you're right!
We should be talking about our current squad and all the things THEY did for us last season!

Off you go - looking forward to your new threads you start

Actually that would be better, but of most interest will be the players that are incoming.

Who cares about Brown checking in at PNE, a pity he didn't check out last January.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Actually that would be better, but of most interest will be the players that are incoming.

Who cares about Brown checking in at PNE, a pity he didn't check out last January.

Still waiting for your threads - where are they?

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Why have we got threads about players, Brown and Marriott, who between them did nowt for us last season?

Exactly..how can Brown on last seasons performances get a contract at PNE..I must be missing someat..we didnt want him so a team well above us does..?

On 01/07/2021 at 13:13, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 13.12.53.jpg

Preston NE...

lol

The immovable object has finally met the irresistible force...

lol

It's big time up there... Player signs and they don't even give him a kit for a photo shoot... in the club carpark...

lol

BTW he's clearly not in the building either.... On very rare occasions Wednesday are made to look like a professional football club...

lol

Guest LondonOwl313
31 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Deluded. Hope he proves me wrong, but he's never playing for England.

Not under Boregate.. he’d never pick a player as attacking as Izzy

I have to be honest when we first signed him I thought we'd got a quality player on our hands, he looked really good for Udders and Luton during his spells there. Unfortunately, like the usual case of joining Sheffield Wednesday, he was the polar opposite lol

never really got a run a of games for us  but then he never did owt to warrant one......the fact the no club ever  had him  back after a loan suggests  that he aint as good as he probably thinks he is .

Just had a quick look on the PNE forum and feel a bit sorry for them now. They actually think he’ll be a good signing.  one poster said the below, i feel this guy  needs to ask Brighton and Leeds fans what they think about Brown to understand the player they’ve just signed if he doesn’t want our opinion... 

“Every other fan set have said he’s a talent who’s struggled with injuries, so I’ll be taking Wednesday fans opinions with a pinch of salt given the toxicity around that club and the fact the fans think they’ve got a divine right to have Messi and Ronaldo playing for them”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Just had a quick look on the PNE forum and feel a bit sorry for them now. They actually think he’ll be a good signing.  

He might be for them

There's no guarantees in football otherwise Jordan Rhodes would have fired us to the Premiership

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He might be for them

There's no guarantees in football otherwise Jordan Rhodes would have fired us to the Premiership

Hmm we’ll have to disagree on that one. I feel the difference there is Rhodes had been a good player throughout his career before coming to us.  Brown has been average or poor bar one season at Hudds.  Even Luton didn’t want to re-sign him after his loan there, boss Jones said he didn’t want him back. And look at Brown’s goal scoring record, for an attacking midfielder his stats are very poor. In my opinion his career will go the same way as other Chelsea/arsenal youngsters like Sanchez Watt who show early promise but then go down the football pyramid.  

• Like 2