UKRAINE vs ENGLAND - Official Matchday Thread

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

So far so good.....that Kane goal was a  Big Dave...ish speciality.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to be reminded of Nuhiu by that Kane goal. Perhaps we can share the same padded cell.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to be reminded of Nuhiu by that Kane goal. Perhaps we can share the same padded cell.

We could do with some of Nuhiu's presence in the box next season if we are to do anything. A big bustling six footer to keep opposing defences busy......but I digress.

Come on you Mighty England.

WAWAW

• Love 1

We have strength in depth - players who are ready and chopping at the bit to come into the side - it's a great position to be in for Southgate.

It's been a good route and one we should take advantage of - the other big Euro powers are also in transition. We are at an early stage of looking a top 8 world team. 

If we do what we expect, and see off a good but not great Denmark, the final test, against a very good Italy will be our ultimate test. Can we go all the way - yes we can, if we keep discipled and take advantage, when our abundance of attacking options get us the opportunities - and they will.

• Haha 1

I’ve been a critic of Southgate’s pragmatism but Rice and Philips are a big reason why we’re having a good tournament. He gets a lot of stick but Rice in particular has been one of our best players, does his job extremely well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It was men against boys this evening. Ukraine looked like they wanted to leave after the third goal went in. Fair play to them, they’ve done really well to get this far but they were very average. Terrible timing for them to play us just when Kane hit form as well! Felt a bit sorry for them in the end. Denmark will be stiffer competition, but at Wembley I’d be very disappointed if England don’t beat them. Might be a tight game given what’s at stake but our attacking options are so vast and our defensive play so strong I’d still think we should be strong favourites for the win. Unused subs included Grealish, Foden and Saka! It’s almost embarrassing how strong in depth we are in the attacking positions! Don’t even want to think about the final yet. Just praying we get there!

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, The Wall said:

@LondonOwl313

Told you we'd do them 4-0 mate, Ukraine are dog shît

lol

That was miles better.. he picked 10 out of the 11 players I said should be our first choice 11, so I’m not surprised we were a lot better in attacking areas. I just hope we don’t get edged out 1-0 in the final or something if we revert back to safety first, which i expect he will

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

It was men against boys this evening. Ukraine looked like they wanted to leave after the third goal went in. Fair play to them, they’ve done really well to get this far but they were very average. Terrible timing for them to play us just when Kane hit form as well! Felt a bit sorry for them in the end. Denmark will be stiffer competition, but at Wembley I’d be very disappointed if England don’t beat them. Might be a tight game given what’s at stake but our attacking options are so vast and our defensive play so strong I’d still think we should be strong favourites for the win. Unused subs included Grealish, Foden and Saka! It’s almost embarrassing how strong in depth we are in the attacking positions! Don’t even want to think about the final yet. Just praying we get there!

Good post.

While we're on about tactics... can you get Paul Paragraph on to the pitch at some point eh?

• Haha 5