UKRAINE vs ENGLAND - Official Matchday Thread

best opportunity for England to reach a final since 96, and even then that Germany side in the semi was a good one.

I think Southgate will be keeping the players focused and will probably continue the fairly defensive formula. The successful Italian teams over the years won tournaments with a solid defence.

If we do beat Ukraine, and I fully expect us to, I hope fans and the media don't lose their minds for the semi thinking it's a bye. Either Demark and the Czechs will be a stern test and I don't it will be pretty again. Two 1-0s and into the final will do for me now. Playing either Spain or Italy in the final will be an amazing accomplishment irrespective of the final result.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Welsh people have a reputation for not liking people who aren't Welsh but my god Cornwall is a whole other level of absolute hatred of anyone not from Cornwall

lol

So long as they keep them pasties coming they can think of me what they want lol

• Like 2

Guest OwlPastie
4 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Down in cornwall at moment and asked in a pub if they'd be having match on. Landlord said "only time that TV goes on is for the rugby" I said "it's the quarter finals of the euros and England's in it" he replied "don't know nothing about that" in bombers accent and walked in the back. 

Few Weirdos down here I'll tell you

I live in Falmouth and the misses is from down here. The Father in law insist he's Cornish not English. Supports Wales in football and Rugby, and anyone that's playing against England. But, he's a Forest fan too. His grandson might be born and bred in Cornwall, but he's 100% Yorkshire and an owl.

If England get to the final, I think a lot of Cornish will conveniently remember they are in England. 

Guest Grandad

Brilliant build up by ITV for the Denmark v Czech Republic game, dedicating a good 15 minutes to telling the nation how racist it is.

Again.

Great looking England side IMO. Always a risk changing from a winning formation but can understand why against a Ukraine team who will probably sit pretty deep. Happy to see Sancho start as well. Think he’s a real talent. Looks like Grealish is going to be used in the super sub role which is no bad thing while it works. 
Hate us being such strong favourites but we’ve got to hope we will get through this one!

Guest OwlPastie

Sancho is an exciting player but done nothing in an England shirt to warrant a start ahead of Grealish and Saka.