ENGLAND VS GERMANY - Official Matchday Thread

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Game plan was to be solid for 60 minutes then unleash the creativity

Was obvious

People moaned about starting lineup, moaned all the way through the first half and half time and yelled for Kane to get subbed off

Maybe those people just STFU for once and just get behind the team instead

Crikey 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
16 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

One thing I never understand. 

A creative sub is brought on and makes decisive interventions. The response from some is to say that shows the player should have been on from the start.

Really odd. 

Agree, the game didn’t need Grealish from the start. Defensively, against a fired up Germany for the first 20 mins we’d have been in trouble with Grealish on the pitch as he doesn’t track back with his man.

Southgate, once again got it spot on. 

39 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

A creative sub is brought on and makes decisive interventions. The response from some is to say that shows the player should have been on from the start.

Really odd. 

I just think he’s England’s best player and don’t see any reason not to pick him.

that said not sure who I’d drop as sako was excellent - probably one of the holding players.

attack attack attack 

• Haha 1

It never ceases to amaze me how little football fans understand the game they watch week in and week out. Some gloriously stupid comments in this thread. I don't understand the negative reaction to the team, the players and the manager. Its one thing to make critical comments based on evidence and an understanding of what the goal and intended outcome is, just slating people for the sake of it gets boring.

• Like 5

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, eightbelow said:

It never ceases to amaze me how little football fans understand the game they watch week in and week out. Some gloriously stupid comments in this thread. I don't understand the negative reaction to the team, the players and the manager. Its one thing to make critical comments based on evidence and an understanding of what the goal and intended outcome is, just slating people for the sake of it gets boring.

The team selection was awful, the result doesn’t change that. We created absolutely nothing until Grealish came on.. and Pickford kept us in it with a couple of good saves.

Southgate is a bad manager, this is the first good result we’ve had in a big game under him. 

It’s fine saying in hindsight with the victory that he got it right. But was a 50/50 game until the last 20 mins. Personally if we hadn’t won I’d have been fuming with him had we gone out and not even tried to put our attacking talent to good use.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

Really odd. 

So he comes on and makes the difference in a game where we created nothing before that, but apparently that means we wouldn’t have been better with him on from the start?

52 minutes ago, MarvelOwls said:

Sterling tricky and effective up top.

Is there a more infuriating player, at times, than Raheem Sterling. The talent is obvious. He's got incredible skill. But sometimes his decision making is hopeless. Several times tonight he tried to take on several German players when there was an easier pass; breathtaking stuff, but he always runs into a dead end. And the backpass....... How different might that game have been if Muller had put the opportunity away.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1